MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Road Trips

Notices

Brethren Road Trips The travel logs of our members. Q- joints, restaurants, entertainment, reviews while we travel around the 50 states. Also, Post here for a shout out to members to meet up with while on the road.

Old 05-23-2005, 10:34 AM   #1
kcquer
Lives in Spirit

Default Brethren Hospitality

The Mrs and I were out and about in the KC area Saturday. Our path home went right thru Jeff in KC's neighborhood. Phoned Jeff, he said ribs were about ready, come on by. So we did! Jeff and his Mrs and his delightful daugter showed us a grand afternoon. Weather was beautiful and it was great just hanging around the smoker talkin' Q havin' a beer and enjoying one of Mother Nature's finest spring afternoons.
Ribs had been in the cooler a while Jeff unwraped some damn fine baby backs. They were just past competition doneness (hate when that happens at home ), excellent rub, hint of cherry smoke, awesome!!
Jeff, my turn to feed you next (brisket and porkloin). Thanks for everything had a great time and we'll do it again real soon!!!

They give me shivers when they bounce around, buckled up or draggin' on the ground, I like big....Joe Walsh
kcquer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2005, 10:46 PM   #2
Jeff_in_KC
somebody shut me the fark up.

My pleasure! I'm just sorry the ribs were a bit beyond done! LOL! I was happy with the flavor and tenderness though! And we didn't make it to Worlds of Fun as planned... WORSE... Farkin' CHUCKIE CHEESE!!! Jesus Christ, just shoot me! I swear to God, kids just Loooooooooose their farkin' minds when they walk in the door of that place! I felt like I needed a shower, church, a lot of beer and a pencil shoved in my eyes after spending a couple of hours in that place! I know now there is a hell and it's Chuckie Cheese!
KCBS Member #14287
Jeff_in_KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 08:33 AM   #3
Bigdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_in_KC
My pleasure! I'm just sorry the ribs were a bit beyond done! LOL! I was happy with the flavor and tenderness though! And we didn't make it to Worlds of Fun as planned... WORSE... Farkin' CHUCKIE CHEESE!!! Jesus Christ, just shoot me! I swear to God, kids just Loooooooooose their farkin' minds when they walk in the door of that place! I felt like I needed a shower, church, a lot of beer and a pencil shoved in my eyes after spending a couple of hours in that place! I know now there is a hell and it's Chuckie Cheese!
Got to agree with you bro. The only way I survived my experience there was to drink lots of beer. :D
Pitman for Andy Groneman at the All Things BBQ cooking classes.
Smoke on Brother KC
Father of the Fatty (the name) 4/20/04 on the BBQ Brethren with inspiration from Brother parrothead.
Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 09:27 AM   #4
Jeff_in_KC

Bigdog, the only problem was this one doesn't serve beer!!! I think I downed a six pack to relax my nerves once we got home...
KCBS Member #14287
Old 05-25-2005, 02:01 PM   #5
Bigdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_in_KC
Bigdog, the only problem was this one doesn't serve beer!!! I think I downed a six pack to relax my nerves once we got home...
Man, you got hosed!
Pitman for Andy Groneman at the All Things BBQ cooking classes.
Smoke on Brother KC
Father of the Fatty (the name) 4/20/04 on the BBQ Brethren with inspiration from Brother parrothead.
Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 09:33 PM   #6
Jeff_in_KC

Tell me about it! Hundreds of kids who've lost their minds in a place with no beer to numb MINE!
KCBS Member #14287