• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

4 Birds on the Stick Burner and 20lbs of Mashed Taters

WeberWho

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
For the past 5 years my wife and I have made an additional Thanksgiving meal for a family in need. This year we decided to do two Thanksgiving meals with the pandemic going on. On top of our Thanksgiving meal. Prepping three Thanksgiving meals became a little overwhelming at times. My wife and I were up until 2am the morning of Thanksgiving peeling/mashing potatoes, making gravy, and injecting birds.

I had the stick burner fired up around 7:30 the next morning.

20201126-093251.jpg

20201126-093347.jpg

20201126-094410.jpg

Shot of the birds close to finishing up.

20201126-122654.jpg

A couple boxes of turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, vegetables, pie, and milk to be dropped off.

20201126-135156.jpg

Plus 3 additional plates of food that were dropped off at my parents and a coworkers house. My coworkers family live out of state and she had to cancel her plane ticket last minute with the pandemic. So I ding dong ditched her with a meal on her front doorstep that she didn't know about. So that was kind of fun!

We didn't sit down until about 6:30 to have our family meal. Nothing fancy but it felt good to fill the belly and hit the couch shortly afterwards. I have a whole new respect for restaurant cooks, managers, and owners!

Bless you for doing this. :thumb:

There are many families in distress right now that need our help.

We can all help out. My wife and I are fortunate and we're working. We donate generously to the local food bank.

Cooking additional full meals is a great gesture. Thumbs up!! We pay it forward in a variety of ways..... But I can't even imagine how cool it is to get a catered Thanksgiving meal like that. :clap:

SWEET!!! Goood on you and your family.THAT is what it is all about.

Sounds very generous of you and Your wife,
Your a Gem amongst the coals.
was there pictures?

Thanks. I only remembered to snap a picture of the birds before coming off. The mashed potatoes, gravy, and stuffing went into foil pans and wrapped after being made. We cheated on rolls and pie. They were purchased.

What a great gesture on your part. I know there are a lot of people hurting but, not wanting to ask for help. That is the perfect way to help out and means the world to them. Bravo sir and misses!

Mad respect for all your hard work, planning, and execution!

Grub looks delicious.

It's because of people like you that we'll make it through this mess.

BRAVO ZULU!

That’s going to the extra level! We donate money to help families at church every year, but have actually cooked the meals for them. Way to set a great example. Also, those birds looked amazing!

Good on you and your bride! How do you select the families and when/how do you deliver the food so that it's warm, etc? I ask because I'd like to start doing something similar in our community . . .

Back