Bo's BBQ Hot Dog Cart

Desert Dweller

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Some of you asked for more pictures of the cart, so here they are. I have taken one picture from all four sides, then a few more of compartments, etc. As you can see there are two steam table sections, through which the water pipes (copper) for the sink are run. By running the water pipes around the burners for the steam table you are able to heat the water without running a seperate burner or heat source to heat your water. Under the burner compartment is a storage cabinet. To the right of the steam tables is the "cooler." Built very similar to a regular ice cooler, and yes, it uses ice to keep the beverages cool. I carry an extra cooler with me to keep extra dogs and bbq in. To the left of the steam tables is the sink for hand washing. The propane compartment is located at the rear of the unit, where I also keep a couple of jugs for water stashed (for steam table.)

As you can see from the steam table shot there is plenty of room for what I am doing. One steam pan for the hot dog (4 varieties) and another pan for the Pulled Pork, and those foil wrapped thingy's are 1/4 racks of BBRibs. I charge $4 for a PP Sammy and 5 for a 1/4 rack, and they go fairly well. Only trouble is that I can only get away with selling home cooked food from it on the weekends or at special events. Aside from that the Hot Dog business is good for women watching...

Attachments

• Cart only 001.jpg
    Cart only 001.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 401
  • Cart only 002.jpg
    Cart only 002.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 400
  • Cart only 003.jpg
    Cart only 003.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 399
  • Cart only 004.jpg
    Cart only 004.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 399
  • Cart only 005.jpg
    Cart only 005.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 396
  • Cart only 006.jpg
    Cart only 006.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 396
  • Cart only 007.jpg
    Cart only 007.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 399
Last edited:
Thanks for the pictorial tour Bo.
I have never seen inside one of those carts.

Why the rules you can only sell home cooked food only on weekends and special events?
That makes no sense to me.

I hope your business keeps you going in these difficult times brother.

Very nice set up! Love the heat exchanger for the water. That last thing that you mentioned is a great perk:clap2:

Too bad you can't get Miss Arizona to help you, that would boost sales.

I would be a customer at those prices.

Too bad you can't get Miss Arizona to help you, that would boost sales.

I would be a customer at those prices.

I agree. Thinking I should send the pic of me an Miss AZ to my ex-wives... all four of them.

Bo, they will misinterpret and assume you have come into a large sum on money, then you will get sued. :p

Why the rules you can only sell home cooked food only on weekends and special events?
The way it was explained to me, by a straight faced Health Dept. Employee. 'Monday thru Friday on City Street or Storefront locations you can only sell Hot Dogs and Sausage products, bought precooked and reheatable by steam. No Cooking on site at the above locations. At special events, whatever the Special Event decided was appropriate.' So I asked, "What about street or storfrefront locations on Saturday or Sunday?' To which this heath department answer man said,"Oh, the Health Dept. Inspectors don't work on the weekend, or holidays either." Nothing else was said, I left...

Sometimes I think all these licenses and inspections and all this crap (over 1,200 bucks for this cart) exist so that evryone can get a piece of the pie. I mean if this moron as much as tells me to sell what I want on the weekends, what's the darn purpose of the inspection, except to divy up the pie...

Back