Creative uses for leftover Q

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I know this has been discussed in a bunch of separate threads, but I thought it would be helpful to have a thread where we can consolidate ideas. What are your most creative uses for leftover brisket, pulled pork, etc.? Please include recipes and pictures if you have them!

Chili for brisket or a pulled chuckie, tacos and burritos for pulled pork, bacon wrapped goodies for sausages. Quesadillas out of any of the above plus chicken, steak or pork chops.

Receipe for burritto fixins? Stew in El Pato Salsa de Jalapeno or Macayo Enchillada sauce until tender, drain excess sauce, season to taste with peppers.

Add refrieds and cheese on tortilla, roll, chew, swallow... repeat... repeat...

Left over chicken makes awsome chicken corn chowder....
Chowder.jpg

1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 (17 oz.) can creamed corn
1/2 cup half and half
1 cup cooked ham
Salt
Pepper

That is the recipe as it is printed in the Southern Living Cookbook but recipes are for changing.
Obviously I don't use ham - the brown bits are bacon. The chicken I used for this was wrapped in bacon and smoked.
Saute the onions, add the creamed corn. I also add a can of whole corn - this was Mexi-Corn. Mix in the half and half and the chicken. Warm and serve - don't forget the biscuits.
Oh yeah - I also added some shredded cheese

Tacos and breakfast burritos are a favorite in our house.

Pork Rib meat stripped off of bones and thrown in with Greens will make your day.

Little wads of pulled pork in Hush Puppies will make you Hawg Wild

Stuffed peppers with chopped leftover brisket

Chicken Tetrazzini

Ground leftover meat Shepherd's Pie

Bite size brisket pieces into Brisket Curry

Cornmeal pancakes stuffed with leftover chicken

Leftover meat Pasties

Chicken salad

Brisket hash or chicken hash

Fricadelles

Miroton

Brisket Chunk Stroganoff

Croquettes

Pulled pork chile verde

For any recipes PM me----I ain't gonna type 'em all out
My experiences as a chuck wagon cook and as a hunting camp cook have taught me to use every single leftover for something in the next meal

Dang Jeanie, it just gets better every time! I take back everything bad I ever said about Oklahoma, really I do and I'm sorry I ever said any of it. I mean it. Really.

Thank you Grumpy! :-D

Dang Jeanie, it just gets better every time! I take back everything bad I ever said about Oklahoma, really I do and I'm sorry I ever said any of it. I mean it. Really.

LOL ... Some of us okies aren't all bad. Ya gotta give us a chance. :wink::biggrin:

You made a believer out of me (I think the blackeyed peas pushed me over the edge!)

Cowgirl, great looking left overs, I want some of all of it right now:shock::eusa_clap:smile:

Cowgirl,
Are you sure you're from OK? Being from North TX originally, it's hard for me to believe such good stuff can come out of Oklahoma :) j/k. That's some great looking grub!!!

Jeanie, you can tell me anything you want and I'll still be a believer!

(They do look more like pintos in that thread.)

Back