kingsford in a bws party?

rookiedad

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
anyone owning a party ever run kingsford in them? any problems? any favorites as far as fuel goes?
thanks,
phil

That is all I run in my BWS Party, that and some apple or cherry wood. No problems what-so-ever.

Ya I just talked to him about it and I will have to call Mike thats a new one on me.

I have used K in my old Party, I personally like the Royal Oak briquets in my Party. I also like to use Royal Oak Lump. Of course I used wood chunks also!!

I've been using K lately. It seems to give me a more consistent burn than lump. Lots of ash though. I'm going to try the new competition K when I can find it on Long Island.

Wicked good or seven oaks lump in mine...I dont like the smell that the old K puts out when first igniting so i have stayed away....I may try the new K if it ever makes it up north.

If you like Kingsford in your other smokers, nothing wrong with K in the backwoods. K definately lasts longer and burns more consistantly than lump, but that has to do with being able to pack more in due to the odd shape and sizes of lump. A ton of ash with K though, watch the buildup on long cooks. I use lump most of the time these days but have no problem using K if its on hand.

I agree with the others. Kingsford is fine. I prefer lump, but Kingsford is fine.

You can help with the ash problem by raising your coal tray off your ash pan (bricks, stilts, etc.)

I recommend you give it a try and see how it works for you.

Back