Basic home meat slicers

RibsIsRibs

Got Wood.
Reaction score
Perhaps it's been discussed before, but my search wasn't allowed (for subscribers only?).

I see basic home meat slicers for $100-$150 from brands like Cabelas, Top Chef, and Waring. Anyone have experience with slicers in this price range?

I'm concerned about blade speed and sharpness. In other words, will they slice a round roast nice n' thin without bogging down?

The Waring won't slice quite as thin as most deli meats. Close, but no cigar.

Perhaps it's been discussed before, but my search wasn't allowed (for subscribers only?).

I see basic home meat slicers for $100-$150 from brands like Cabelas, Top Chef, and Waring. Anyone have experience with slicers in this price range?

I'm concerned about blade speed and sharpness. In other words, will they slice a round roast nice n' thin without bogging down?

Try this site http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54313

Also you might wanna see about a subscription. Although not required here is alot of useful stuff here. Its worth the money...

I have a Braun slicer. has lasted me about 8 years now. It's slowing down a bit, but still keeps on chugging.

I don't recall the brand that I have (I can check tonight) but the one thing I would check on prior to purchase is how easy is it to clean... The one I have slices great, it's handled literally tons of brisket, but it is the biggest PIA to clean that I have ever found... I can say that it easily take up to 30 minutes to clean it well...

JMHO....

Get the Chefs Choice 610, great slicer and easy clean up. $100

--^^^^^-------^^^^^^--

I'll second that!

JimT

It appears to me most low end slicers do not have enough "carry" to adequately handle wide cuts of meat like brisket. Am I right or wrong in this assumption?

Back