New Braunfels Black Diamond mods......

K I N G P I N

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Any one know what they are?? A friend of mine has one and is looking for better control. Can some one help a brother and a new potential brother out???:confused:

Basics include the baffle mod, extend smoke-stack to grate level mod, re-locate temp gauge.
Next up would be to add a gasket/seal around the chamber door to help with leaks, same with smoke box.
Don't think it is large enough for tuning plates but might suggest a charcoal basket.
That's it off the top of my head and I am sure others will chime in as well.

Baffle first, IMO. It allows much more even cooking and you can actually use the grate over by the firebox for something other than the final crisping.

A baffle, lower stack and charcoal basket are the mods that are IMHO not an option but a must...unless you are going to burn sticks and with that I can not help...I am not that talented.

It looks like most of those would work on any offset smoker of that size.

Nice. One of the first things I did was extend the exhaust down to the grate.

If I could just find some expanded metal for less than $25 for a 2'x2' peice I'd fix that other problem of ash build up in the fire box.

if you turn the fire grate 90 degrees so the grates run from the back of the fire box to the front instead of left to right you will be raising the grate higher and allow more air flow underneath the charcoal

Back