THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bbqneo

Knows what a fatty is.
I know most people hold brisket & butt in a cooler or cambro at comps, but how long do you plan to do this? I understand everyone sets up a schedule prior to a comp and this can be altered by meats getting stuck. Do most teams have a buffer of 1 hour or is it considerably longer?

I plan for two hours leeway with briskets and butts, about 30 to 45 mintues with ribs and chicken.

That is about what I was told by a couple of the Brethren when I was asking...

Thanks for the replies, but is the leeway + prep/boxing time?? or does the leeway include prep/box time??
Also, do you plan for butts to take a maximum time say 2hr/lb or do you use your average time from experience??

I don't think you can go wrong either way...getting the box together should take no more than 15 minutes...

Some prefer minimal.. others want up to 6 hrs.. Personally, I want my briskets and butts off by 8-9AM, 10 AM at latest.

Back