Marketing for Christmas

HBMTN

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Has anyone ever offered a catering package or discount for people to buy as a Christmas gift? If so how did it do? I was thinking about offering a package that was discounted as a Christmas Special and maybe provide a certificate for them to wrap for the recipient. Make the special good for Sunday bookings only and it would give the recipient something to look forward to this summer plus boost our catering as we rarely do many Sunday events. Thoughts?

Maybe we are lucky with our market but we have never had to run any specials. We can barely keep up with the orders we get now. My advice would be to give it a try and see what type of response you get.

Maybe we are lucky with our market but we have never had to run any specials. We can barely keep up with the orders we get now. My advice would be to give it a try and see what type of response you get.

We stay busy as well, just not on Sundays. Are you saying that you stay booked up with catering on Sundays as well as Saturdays? I have about 50% of the 2014 barbecue season booked as far as Saturdays but I rarely book a Sunday.

No, our Sundays are slower. But in our market (rural) we will probably never have much on Sundays. Traditionally speaking in our area people don't schedule many events of any kind on Sundays so we have never really tried to push that day. But your market may be different so it would be worth trying it to see what you can get.

Back