American Royal Judging

bearnakedbbq

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Not sure why it has taken till now to think about it, but I would be interested in being a judge for the American Royal invitational part only, since I am cooking in the open.

Looks like it is full, is there a standby list somewhere?

With an event like this I am sure one of the 100 or so judges might not show up or be sick. I am looking for a contact that I can give my number to, so if they need someone short notice, I would be available.

I have been to the KCBS judging and table captain’s class, but am still a virgin.

Any thoughts?

troy

Troy, there's no guarantees on this but I have judged the Royal Invite for the last 3 or 4 years without being on the list. Just show up before 10 am on Saturday and wait until those with their letters get checked in. Then they will start filling the tables with "extra" judges and CBJs do get preferance. After the meeting and oath (about 11:20 or so) you'll get a short stretch & potty break before judging starts. I gauran-farking-tee that you'll see judges showing up & being pi$$ed that "their" seat was given away. The letter says clearly that check-in starts at 9:30 am but some folks can't understand such things :rolleyes:. By the way, this is the first year that I've gotten signed up for the Invite, but they always need extras to cover the no-shows or late comers.

I am judgin the invitational and cooking the open. i am leaving he area and staying in a hotle friday night before midnight so I am no quilty of fratinizin with teams the day of the contest. keith

Back