Contest Results SIDE vs Myron

Muzzlebrake

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
according to unconfirmed reports from questionalbe sources, prominent Brethren member, pitmaster of the Smoke in Da Eye award winning competition team and Long Island cooking legend Clint Cantwell has defeated some of the best hair in BBQ, Myron Mixon in a grilling contest as part of the Big Apple BBQ Block Party.

In a recent update on his Facebook page, Clint aka SIDE was quoted as having "Cooked through a stomach bug and beat the winningest man in bbq, myron mixon!". Ever so humble, SIDE also exclaimed that while fun its cooking against a legend, Myron may be "a master but the grill is my domain!"

In related news the US Postal service will be holding meetings early next week to determine the zip code for Clint's ego. :becky:

Nice job buddy!

:rockon:

according to unconfirmed reports from questionalbe sources, prominent Brethren member, pitmaster of the Smoke in Da Eye award winning competition team and Long Island cooking legend Clint Cantwell has defeated some of the best hair in BBQ, Myron Mixon in a grilling contest as part of the Big Apple BBQ Block Party.

In a recent update on his Facebook page, Clint aka SIDE was quoted as having "Cooked through a stomach bug and beat the winningest man in bbq, myron mixon!". Ever so humble, SIDE also exclaimed that while fun its cooking against a legend, Myron may be "a master but the grill is my domain!"

In related news the US Postal service will be holding meetings early next week to determine the zip code for Clint's ego. :becky:

Nice job buddy!

:rockon:

When is the US Postal Service going to honor you as biggest mouth with zero bite?

I love you like a brother sean but your bullsheet callouts of people with more talent are getting tired.

I was proud of what I did today as I am of all of my wins. Feel free to come an do some real talking on the grill versus you're b's "shake and bake" child play.

SIDE - Maybe it's me and I'm out of the loop, but I took his post as nothing more than just putting a little humor on reporting results for this unique grilling thing or whatever this should be called ..

I didn't take it as a callout, and I'm not sure what perceived talent levels between he and you mean here...

Chit... when words get taken so seriously to the point of friends calling each other over something so simple as grilling, to me that's a problem that should be handled offline..

Thanks

:confused:

Clint,

I apologize if I offended you, I was just trying to be funny, it was meant tongue in cheek.......

you should be proud, bottom line you were in the middle of NYC competing against a celebrity and I was home doing nothing.

sorry that you took it wrong friend, I didn't mean to disparage anything that you have done

All, This was a great, fun hearted competition.
Clint and Myron shared some great, fun spirited banter back and forth and all were fine gentleman. Clint won, Myron was totally respectful and kind.
I worked the KCBS booth and photo'ed and video'ed the entire event. Clint will post the great shots. I will post one.
But it was all for fun. And that's what all involved were about, and happy to have the crowd's applause from the pouring rain!

P6110037 LOW RES.jpg

SIDE - Maybe it's me and I'm out of the loop, but I took his post as nothing more than just putting a little humor on reporting results for this unique grilling thing or whatever this should be called ..

I didn't take it as a callout, and I'm not sure what perceived talent levels between he and you mean here...

Chit... when words get taken so seriously to the point of friends calling each other over something so simple as grilling, to me that's a problem that should be handled offline..

Thanks

:confused:

Ok. I'll assume his snarky comments are what they are.

I'm tired and I know sean loves the fake " shake and bake" joke so it's easy to assume he's being snarky arse.

I was very very very proud to show up and cook some amazing food then to beat the winningest man in bbq head_to-head today. Unfortunately it's not PC to share that pride with your "friends" anymore without getting played.

Clint,

I apologize if I offended you, I was just trying to be funny, it was meant tongue in cheek.......

you should be proud, bottom line you were in the middle of NYC competing against a celebrity and I was home doing nothing.

sorry that you took it wrong friend, I didn't mean to disparage anything that you have done

Brother, I love you as always. Its been a long day and I was wishing someone would give me some luv for quieting that loud ass Myron!!!! See you soon.

Mod Note:

Let's stop the personal attacks and get this back on topic, which is celebrating S.I.D.E.'s accomplishment today! If this thread can't be kept civil it will be locked.

Mod Note:

Let's stop the personal attacks and get this back on topic, which is celebrating S.I.D.E.'s accomplishment today! If this thread can't be kept civil it will be locked.

Thank you Ronelle.

I was just looking at my upcoming anniversary with the brethren this morning before going to do that very stressful grill off against a man that is on tv much more than my bs stuff.

I got sick on the train, I borrowed rubs and sauces from brethren and I beat someone who makes much more than me as a bbq face by cooking f'n well.

Nice job bro....what did you cook. STD is Sledneck. If u need i will be your security and PR person now. Only if you teach me that pork recipe and sauce. Best i ever had. AND I AM NOT BS'ing. Keep it up bro.. I know Muzz was just joking around. You have tried to take something you love and make it into something more over the past couple years, and you have succeeded. This is the BBQ Brethren, home to bbq guys and wise asses around the world. LOLOL. And you know u are getting prank calls now for posting your cell phone, maybe couple of Bill Collectors being transfered your way. Again, Nice Job bro.

Clint,

Once again buddy I apologize if I offended you. As I said earlier, I was just trying to be tongue in cheek, I was not trying to disparage your accomplishments.

Mod Note:

I've scrubbed the name calling and abusive posts from this thread. Let's keep it civil and on topic!

Back