• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

knives

kevinv

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I know this has been asked before. I have read many reviews , but i am still confused. Cermic vs steel. As a home bbq cook is there an advantage? is it worth the extra cost? I seen some on sale at walmart on there clearance items.

As a home cook, I use everything from the bargins knives, to good ones. When I see a sale, I always look to see what is good or not.

Ceramic stays sharp longer but has to usually be sharpened back from where it was made. Also they can break if something is dropped on them say in the sink. Nothing against them tho they are another great kitchen tool.

I've seen the cheapo ceramic knives at a couple stores and have thought about buying them to try (the old "why not?" theory).

I've used a cheapo from Wally World. It is great for slicing.
They recommend you don't use it around meat with a bone.
Good tool.

Ceramics are terrific. They can break if misused, steel is much more forgiving. They can be sharpened by a skilled knife sharpener who has diamond hones.

I use the Fibrox Victorinox knives that America's Test Kitchen recommends. They stay sharp and sharpen up nicely with my Chef's Choice 130. I have a chef, boning and granton slicer.

Amazon.com: Victorinox 8-Inch Chef's Knife: Kitchen & Dining@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/210WA3WNF3L.@@AMEPARAM@@210WA3WNF3L

I also just bought a MAC 5" paring knife that Jacques Pépin uses. It's awesome.

Amazon.com: Paring Knife 5" (Superior Series) - Mac Knife: Kitchen & Dining@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21vr-9VF2oL.@@AMEPARAM@@21vr-9VF2oL

The picture that the forum puts in for the MAC is wrong.

I use the Fibrox Victorinox knives that America's Test Kitchen recommends. They stay sharp and sharpen up nicely with my Chef's Choice 130. I have a chef, boning and granton slicer.

Amazon.com: Victorinox 8-Inch Chef's Knife: Kitchen & Dining

I also just bought a MAC 5" paring knife that Jacques Pépin uses. It's awesome.

Amazon.com: Paring Knife 5" (Superior Series) - Mac Knife: Kitchen & Dining

The picture that the forum puts in for the MAC is wrong.

I was given these knives as a christmas gift They are really nice

I have two paring knives that are ceramic, they cut really well and have maintained their edge for the better part of two years. I only use them on veggies and stuff like that.

Back