Need comp Rib recipes for a new book!

King

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Ribs Ribs Ribs

Calling all BBQ Teams...

I'm on a mission to put together the largest collection of award winning ribs ever from across the U.S. in a cookbook called America's Best Ribs (Skyhorse Publishings). The goal is to get 200 rib recipes and 150 photos, many of which I will have to cook myself, write the manuscript, TOC, Index, etc. This will be the largest collection of award winning ribs cookbook ever! I'm asking you all to be a part of it.

If you got award winning ribs recipes to submit, send them in and they will be published in this book. YOU WILL be credited in the book along with any product, blog site, website, twitter handle, etc. All methods (BBQ, crockpot, oven, grilled, etc.), types (pork, beef, short, country, ect.) and styles are encouraged. Of course, I'll be submitting my own award winning BBQ ribs recipe (pic below).

In addition, you may submit unique rib recipes of any kind. Again, feel free to use your products in the recipes or submit original rub, sauces, etc.

The deadline is May 1 (on bookshelves by Fall). Message me if you have any questions or concerns. Spread the word!

Thanks!

Arthur Aguirre
314-497-6645
ajaguirr_king@yahoo.com

P1180782-001.jpg

Ok here goes.

1. You need to boil the ribs for 3hrs. (Add liquid smoke and Franks Hot sauce to the water for extra flavor)

2. Take ribs out of boil to wrap in foil. Add rub and apple juice then wrap and put in the oven at 300 for 2 hrs.

3. Take ribs out of foil and put in your smoker @ 275 for 2.5hrs. Apply brown sugar, Tiger Sauce, butter, your favorite rub, and grape jelly.

4. Get a bottle of Cattleman's Carolina Gold BBQ Sauce 18 oz and cut it with 1/4 cup of honey and 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar. Mix well and brush sauce on ribs every 30 min for 2 hrs.

I promise if you try this rib recipe you will never forget it! :rolleyes:

So if I have this straight. We give up our award winning rib recipe and we don't get anything for it? then can you define award winning....

Hey Scottie! I have a lot of respect for you, I get what you're saying. I apologize if I have insulted you or anyone else. I was asked to compile the best rib recipes in America and you guys are the best. I wanted to give the Brethren the first opportunity to participate in this project. Personally, I have posted my award winning recipe on my blog, I thought there might be others out there willing to share theirs to be published.

Just to be clear, I don't expect a recent KCBS top 10 call rib recipe from anybody (unless you want to). Any recipe would help, an old recipe or a backyard recipe for example is what I'm suggesting. Or just a good rib recipe to promote CancerSucksChicago.com would be worth while. But award winning rib recipes is my goal, do you think it's a bad idea? Do you have any suggestions?

What do I need to give you? If I had the money, I would pay ya! I can offer giving you credit for your recipe and list your team name, website, cause, twitter handle, etc.

Thanks for your time.

Arthur

Dude, just make up some chit like every other cookbook.

My goal is to gather the largest collection of awarding winning rib recipes, it's not a steve raichlen book (I am a fan of his).

No insult or disrespect. Just not sure why anyone would give up an award winning recipe, unless that person was writing a book.

Good luck! I'll buy the book though!!!

I appreciate your feedback Scottie, it's my job to find out who will...I'm passionate about this.

Good luck on the upcoming season. I'm competing in Marshalltown, IA in June, will you be there?

i'd offer an older recipe, that took a ribbon, but unfortunately the ingredients are no longer available. honestly.

i think your real obstacle will be 200 recipes with the same 20-25 ingredients.

@boogiesnap, I'm willing to work on you with that recipe. I have a lot of recipes already that have ingredients not available because of regional distribution, discontinued etc. In that case, they're replaced with an alternative (ie instructions to make a homemade rub, sauce, marinade) so folks can make it at home. Let me know if that's a possible solution.

200 is an obstacle (it's 50 recipes a month or 13 per week I'm trying to gather), but I won't be using the same ingredients. As I stated above...I'm open to all methods, style and types. I'm also approaching chefs, bloggers, homecooks who have rib recipes...I gotta say, out of all the forums I've been to, the Brethren has been the toughest!:becky:

thats what make bbq so great...Dan at 3eyz has his own rub and he is going to share my Money rub with you...Thanks Dan!

no worries or disrespect just an odd request.

People thought I was odd when I wanted to enter a BBQ contest...it was odd to people when I started a website about BBQ, it was odd to people that I practice making BBQ, it was odd to people that I take pictures to show my BBQ to others, it's odd to people I made videos to get on BBQ Pitmaster.

I guess I'm an odd guy, but I never thought for one second anything I did was odd.

I got some great feedback over the weekend, but I still have lots of openings for award winning rib recipes. If you have an old recipe (from any sanctioning body) that earned you a call or if you are an award winning team with just a good rib recipe to share, this is the perfect opportunity for you to have it published. I'm determined to put out the largest collection of winning rib recipes ever to let others try their hand at the art of ribs.

You and your team will get full credit in the book and you may include your products, blog, website, twitter handle, charitable cause etc.

Reply back or send me a message if you're interested.

Arthur Aguirre
ajaguirr_king@yahoo.com
314-497-6645

Last edited:
Back