• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Need some ideas from da experts here...

daWreck'n Q

Reaction score
I am going to be doing a cooking class for a local kitchen gadget store. The owner was talking about serving cocktails. After reading about smoked ice cubes on here, told her about it and she howled and thought it sounded like a hoot. I sure would appreciate some ideas of cocktails to serve. I like smoked cubes and 7&7 myself. But, she wanted something a little fancier if I can come up with it. Told her I knew just the place to get advice.....please don't let me down!

Thanks to all!

Dan

Old fashions would be good with some smoke and some burnt orange peel Also i have hade smokey mojitos before that was real tasty

Thanks guys, will have a look see at the above drinks. The HDD certainly sounds interesting enough.

I personally think the smoked cubes thing is kinda gimicky (and would be hard to pull off). Check these out, especially the bourbon ball coctail and the American. They use a lot of makers, but I'd substitute something else. The infusions might also add that flair that your boss might be looking for.

Bloody mary also sounds good.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caFQfNHnpa4"]The Kentucky Bourbon Cocktail - YouTube[/ame]

This is also a great bloody- you can also add peppers/onions/garlic to vodka infusions or gin for bloody marys and that adds some pizazz.

http://www.cubby-blue.com/my_weblog/2007/12/the-best-bloody.html

How about some home smoked bacon...bare with me here.

Cook the home smoked bacon and use some of the grease to infuse a good bourbon. I've had this before and it was very tantalizing!

Adds a nice smoky/baconey (is that a word?) flavor to the bourbon.

I saw it on that US of Bacon show and someone here in Charleston copied it. Pretty dang good!

You 'Mericuns are farkin' nuts.
I mean, you are all crazier than a toothless woman taking a dump in her own handbag.
I love ya's.
I do.

Back