Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Grilling in Grafton, wi? anybody coming

Beef

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I am newer to this site, and just noticed that there is a KCBS sanctioned event next weekend, just 5 minutes from my house. Curious if there are any brethren participating? (I had not seen a Roll Call for Grafton).

I am not participating, but would like to drop in and observe, if possible.

Thank you

I am newer to this site, and just noticed that there is a KCBS sanctioned event next weekend, just 5 minutes from my house. Curious if there are any brethren participating? (I had not seen a Roll Call for Grafton).

I am not participating, but would like to drop in and observe, if possible.

Thank you

There will be several Brethren teams there. Stop by but be warned that most will be very busy between 8am till turn ins are done.

We will be there, our first competition... shoestring budget and not enough practice.

Hoping we're not DAL :pray:

We will be there, our first competition... shoestring budget and not enough practice.

Hoping we're not DAL :pray:[/QUOTE

Relax ...take a deep breath . Just read the rules ,give your self plenty of cushion on times .If you you have questions there are several experienced teams there and most will be willing to help. If an answer doesnt sound right according to what you read in the rules DONT BE AFRAID TO ASK THE REPS ! The couple repping this contest are great folks. Reason I mention reading the rules is last year one of the first time teams asked one of the teams that appeared to know what they were doing and he told them wrong . They were ready to fly out after the cooks meeting and buy all new garnish when thay actually had legal garnish. Also as our mentor told us and frequently reminds me make sure to enjoy the experience. :roll:
Also since theres some local folks chimin in is HWY 60 open from 41 to Grafton .Last time I was down that way the had it detoured.Thanks , Coz

Thanks for the replies. Much appreciated! Good reminder for aa Noob on the busy piece of it.

DAL....that took me a minute.....too funny.

Yes, HWY 60 from US 41 to Jackson is completely closed. Allow yourself an extra 20 minutes as the detour takes you south on 41, then east, then north. On the up side it takes you right past Cabellas.
Oh, and be sure to slow down for the THREE roundabouts that the detour takes you through.

While I am not making it down there this weekend, the rest of the team will be. Good luck all that are going.

Thanks for the replies. Much appreciated! Good reminder for aa Noob on the busy piece of it.

DAL....that took me a minute.....too funny.

Yes, HWY 60 from US 41 to Jackson is completely closed. Allow yourself an extra 20 minutes as the detour takes you south on 41, then east, then north. On the up side it takes you right past Cabellas.
Oh, and be sure to slow down for the THREE roundabouts that the detour takes you through.

I think I will just take 33 over to 43 and down . I hate them damn roundabouts.Went thru the ones on the way into Port Washington a while back ,The locals must be used to the non local boat traffis=ck they gave me lots o room on the rounda bouts

I will be there as well. Dont be afraid to ask any questions. We are all more than willing to help out when we can.

Weather looks to be shaping up for this weekend. Getting excited! Wait... nervous... No... excited...

Look for this truck if you want to see some rookies making mistakes... or just to say hi.
truck.jpg

Back