Ribs and first time MoInKs (emphasis on capitalization)

B-More BBQ Junkie

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I hooked up some ribs and MoInKs today on my grill. I'm calling them MoInKs because although I used frozen made 1/2 oz. Italian style meatballs, and bacon, smoked outdoors with wood, I did do it on my propane grill. I mixed half of a bottle of Yuengling, bout a cup of dark brown sugar, and some yellow mustard, and whisked to mix, then slathered ribs with the mixture. I waited about a half hour, then I sprinkled liberally some McCormick apple wood rub, and threw on my grill set up for indirect @ ~240 +/-10 degrees. Sprayed with apple juice every 30-40 mins, lightly covered the top 3" of the racks(in rib rack) with alum. foil the last hour of 4.5 hours of total cook time. Enjoy the PRON!

P.S. What do you guys do with your rib trimmings?

Last edited:
Forgot to add the finished pic of a batch of MoInKs. I also made an amazing pepperoni roll, it was gone before the camera had a second.

Last edited:

Rub 'em and cook 'em with the ribs as cook's snacks during the cook, of course!! The kids end up eating most of them....:wink:

Good looking food there. Nice smoker box set up. Gas or not, you're smokin'!

Good lookin' eats right there!
Mine get turned into ground pork for home made sausage ;>)

I know I should do a search instead of asking, but I'm too lazy (see name)

What's a moink ball, anyway?

It all looks great btw "b-more bbq junkie".

great looking food! Nice job using the gas grill to smoke! I've done it a few times at my friends house and they always turn out great! We cook the trimmings with the ribs also. Like everyone else we eat them as snacks till the ribs are done. Since the trimmings have no bone they cook faster.

Back