Newest Additions to the UDS family - the TWINS

OSD

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Well I told the wife I was going to build another UDS.:-D This is where the trouble started.:eek: She said fine with her, buttttttt, it has to have wheels so she can move it around and it has to look nice ( setting on the patio ).:confused: It's a UDS I said.:confused: Well, you know the old saying; If Moma ain't happy.:roll:So this is what came out of the build. The Twins.:biggrin:

100_0682Small.jpg

100_0689Small.jpg

This is a slide show of the build process.:biggrin:

Don't go pick'n anybody up at the airport or next to a federal building with the "twins" in the back of a pick-up. But, they do look really good...

Congrats on the twins! They sure are pretty!!!

Nice job on the cart and shelves. :eusa_clap

What the heck was that giant can opener lookin' thing? Do all drums have to be opened like that?? Very nice, wish I was that handy!

I like your fire basket and how it is attached to the rack. Is that a water bowl?

Thanks

Great job on the twins.

Now we are wondering if momma is happy again?

OSD, please tell us what kind of tool that is and where we can get one? Also what kind of lids are those and do they fit the end you cut off or the lidded end?:roll:

The lids, fire grate, 2 cooking grates, handles, and the bottom of the fire basket came from a pair of damaged kettles I got at Sears. :-D here's link to thread about the kettles.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40612

The basket is welded to the grate and then bolted to the bottom of the kettle I cut off. The holes were already there, for the legs. Worked out good.:-D

That tool is a drum deheader, they are very handy to take out the bottom or the top of a closed head drum. Here's a link for them.:-D

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200317597_200317597

I took out the bottom of the drums and then used the original lids on the bottom of the drum. They fit very tight when used on the bottom lip. then used the kettle lids on the original top of the drum.:-D

The wife is very happy.

Back