Brisket-a-palooza

Bigmista

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
OK, here's what's happening...

I got a gig to cook for our church anniversary on Sunday. My partner is making grilled teriyaki chicken and I am smoking 8 briskets. My plan was to go down to Sami's on Saturday and smoke them all and just warm them up on Sunday. When I got back from the bash, I found out I am working Saturday and I am off today.

Most of you have seen my smokers and know that there is no way I could smoke 8 briskets at a time. So here is my plan, I am going to smoke the briskets 4 at a time today for about 7 hours each. Then I will spray and wrap them and take them to the Moose lodge to store in their walk-in cooler until Saturday evening when I get off work. Then I will put them in the oven to finish them. Slice them and warm in chafing dishes to be ready for Sunday at noon.

Any tweaks anyone care to offer?

Yeah - the brisket needs to make one more stop before you serve it. Send some here for me.

Sounds like a plan, Mista

except

you better send some to me for Quality Assurance.

Sounds good to me, Mista but I wouldn't even do an initial cook of 7 hours each unless you just want to. I'd only do about 3-4 hours on each batch cause that's about all the smoke flavor you'll be able to impart on the meat anyhow. The oven will take care of the rest overnight on about 200. Man, by Sunday morning you'll have the whole place smelling good.

Forget all those jokers with their drop the brisket by for QA. I live only a few miles from you, and the briskets will be good and fresh on drop off. You do want to make sure that they are GOOD briskets when you serve to the Church. :lol:

Sounds like you are going to be having some fun today smoking briskets, and I am stuck at work, planning on burgers for dinner.:roll:

Gary,

you and the family are invited to church on Sunday. Service starts at 10 a.m. Celebration is directly after. Plenty for the kid to do also.

Mmmmmmm......brisket. My favorite. Hope all goes well.

We have cooked some butts for our church's youth program before...with a big sucess. Good luck.

Jalapeno

Temps are holding nicely. Bout to head to the store for some apple juice and more seasonings.

icemn62 said:
The briskets should be doing quite well, it is 85 degrees outside and no wind. How about some pics Mista?

First batch is off and wrapped. Second batch is in the smoker now. I think I'll go catch a movie while they smoke...

Attachments

• Abrisketjamboreejpg.jpg
    Abrisketjamboreejpg.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 199
Mista never misses, them is some mighty fine good lookin pieces o meat. Looks like the Brisket-a-palooza is doing fine

Just went and bought 4 bags of charcoal. I'm almost done but my partner is cooking the chicken on Sunday. This week is kicking my butt.

Bigmista said:
Just went and bought 4 bags of charcoal. I'm almost done but my partner is cooking the chicken on Sunday. This week is kicking my butt.

Neil, don't you wish that you could use Greg's BYC for all those briskets?

Back