U.S companies that build smokers in America

Correction to the list - Myron Mixon cookers are made in Waterford Connecticut. To some of our southern brethren that may be considered a foreign country :-D:-D:-D

Wow. I didn't know there were so many. You guys are awesome.
I think I'll compile the name into one long list.....

Cookshack is another.

Actually, the bbq pit market is loaded with lots of American startups and small businesses. It is definitely part of the new wave of small run production manufacturing you are starting to see take shape in this country. A great benefit of the global village the internet has turned the world into.

Correction to the list - Myron Mixon cookers are made in Waterford Connecticut. To some of our southern brethren that may be considered a foreign country :-D:-D:-D

But I bet that pellet cooker he is seen hawking on advertisements during pitmasters is made in china.

EDIT: Trying to update the list with links and having a hard time.
more later.....

I think so. I've got some more to add to the list.

However, for a sticky to be easy, convenient and helpful, the first post should have all necessary information. At this point, say....a year from now....a person would have to wade through five pages of chat and watch the list getting longer and longer.

As far as I'm concerned, the post that should have the "meat" of the information should be the first one. I'm unable to edit my first post.

Western Smokers....proudly made in WYOMING

shameless self plug, we are small but growing :cool:

Don't forget the backyard neighbor, the guy down the street, and the above average weekend warrior who all have made one or two themselves. All in all, these guys have prolly made about as many as the big outfits.

BarrelSmokers, all three sizes along with my rack line are all proudly hand crafted right here in SW Mo. Had many invites to go overseas but know the quality won't be the same or the money spent here in the US. Costs more, which I hate but wanting to do the right thing is where my head's at. Steve.

I've added to the list, albiet it's not totally complete with all the names that have been posted. Is there a way this thread could be considered worthy enough to become a sticky, and if so, can I have the ability to edit (add to) it in the future?

Yoder Smokers
Weber
Jambo
Lang
Gator Pits
Klose
Horizon
Shirley Fabrication
Primo
MAK
Memphis
Blazin' Grill Works
Stumps
The Good One
Superior Smokers
Big Poppa
Humphreys Competition Smokers
Greasy Hill
Tiernan SOB (son of brisket)
Pit Barrel Cooker Company
Original New Braunfels cookers (out of business?)
Pitmaker
One man Pits
Pits by JJ
Lone Star Grillz
Spicewine
Kingfisher Kookers
Grant Hastings (Hasty Bakes)
Gateway Drums
Backyard bombes
Clover Ridge
Bubba Grills
Backwoods
Rebel Smokers
Assassin Smokers
Abe's Smokers
Jack's Old South - Georgia (if you've seen the tv show "BBQ Pitmasters", this is Myron's company)
American Barbecue Systems
Mack Daddy Smokers in Middleburg - Jacksonville, FL
Lyfe Tyme - Uvalde, TX
Pitt's & Spitt's - Houston, TX
Bell Fabrications - Tulsa Oklahoma
PoleCat Smokers - KY
Royal Grills

I've added to the list, albiet it's not totally complete with all the names that have been posted. Is there a way this thread could be considered worthy enough to become a sticky, and if so, can I have the ability to edit (add to) it in the future?

Copy this post with BBCode formatting and all (quote it then copy everything between the quotes), hit report post on the first post of this thread, paste the info you want in the text box and ask the mods in that form to replace the OP with the new text. That is what I had to do for the NorTex Bash thread after discussing with the mods the ability to edit over time.

I think the BGE is assemble in US , the cermic portion is cast in Mexico

Back