BBQ & BLUES in THE PARK MT. Holly NJ

BBQ_MAFIA

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Is any one doing this contest on July 29, & July 30, 2011?

I sent my check in and as of today it has not been cashed.
I've Called the number on the site several times on top of sending e-mails and nobody has gotten back to me. We had a good time at this event and were really looking forward to competing there again.

If anyone has another number to call besides the one on thr site please let me Know.

Thanks for the help.

We are in the same boat. I did talk to a guy named Erwin who said someone else gets the apps before him. The website now says they have filled all competitor spots. Not sure whats going on

I always had the impression that this one was a little disorganized, but was a fun event. Hopefully there won't be a heat wave this year!

We are going. We went last year and it was 102 degrees in the tent. You should have received an email on 6/24 stating they received your application and check. At that time, they only had 4 spots left, I believe. Good luck.

Thanks for Erwin's number.

I just called him and talked for a short time.
He said that "They", are really slow as cashing the checks but he had my team on his list. I'm not sure how he knew that so quickly but he said I had no problem. He also said that he wants to send out a conformation to all the confirmed teams by the end of the week.

Lastly, he said that there would probably not be as many team this year even though they move the set up of the competition to another location within the complex. I told him that the web site said the comp was full and not taking any additional applications. He said he wasn't aware of this.

Sounds like an event that has a few organizational issues.

I hope all works out well.

Thanks again.

Are you calling the number on the website? If so try this one then 609-257-7060 Erwin Smith. He is the one who I talked to

I had sent in a judging application and waiting for a reply.

I just looked at the contest schedule and it looks like there is an "Anything But" and a "Desert" turn in on Friday night ...I don't remember seeing those mentioned before on this contest . Can anybody tell me if/what are the rules for these types of things???

Also looks like a "cook's dinner" on Friday night in the judges tent ...does that mean the organizer is treating us all to dinner?

I think there was an extra fee to do the dessert and chef's choice, but I'm not certain. I know I paid $340 to register for this, so if you paid $340 you most likely signed up to do it.

I'm curious to know what's allowed for presentation, Will we present in 9x9 boxes? Open Garnish? good details to know.

HERE'S THE ANSWER QUOTE

Anything butt and dessert are non KCBS, so you can use any type of turn in container.

This wasn't quite as detailed an answer as I had hoped for . We have limited experience ... can anyone tell me should I just assume that we send in 6 (+) pieces ? etc. etc.

Thanks Fred. What this basically means is you need to feed 6 judges, but you can turn in as much as you want, you can can garnish however you want as well and present it any way you'd like. usually they ask that the container be a under a specific size, but according to that message it looks like there are no rules for this one.

Fred, just to be safe, I would bring a copy of that email along with you this weekend. I've heard from some other teams that they've been getting conflicting information about other issues for this comp.

So just in case you go to hand in your entry and they change their mind.....

Each category has an additional $20 entrance fee. Here is a little more detail that may help.

• Anything But: Anything But is defined as anything other than KCBS category meats and it must be prepared on-site. If cooked, wood or charcoal only must be used.

• Desert: Must be prepared on-site. If cooked, wood or charcoal only, must be used.

I’m sure you will need at least six pieces or enough to feed six judges. Hope that helps.

PS. I took that directly from the application.

Back