BBQ Brethren "In a Shell" Throwdown

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Our new category is...

[size=+2]"In a Shell!"[/size]
softshell-crab-club.jpg

Soft Shelled Crab Sandwich

...as chosen by Redhot, the winner of the Egg Throwdown!

Here is how Redhot requested this Throwdown...
Redhot said:
For the next TD, I'd like to call In a Shell...but you must be able to eat the shell :becky:

So, whatever you cook, it must be in a shell, and the shell must be edible. It does not have to be seafood, so don't box yourself in. Just make sure what you cook is "In a Shell".

Any questions, fire away.:thumb: I'll be happy to not answer them.:laugh:

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 9/16 through Sunday 9/25.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Midnight Central US Time on Sunday night 9/25.

By submitting entry photos to this Throwdown thread you are agreeing that you have read and understand the Throwdown Rules.

The voting will begin Monday 9/26 after I submit the "Vote" thread and will run through Saturday 10/1. All votes will be public.

Don't forget, you can still enter the Mini Throwdown until Sunday night 9/18 by midnight Central time.

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the Tortilla Throwdown!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

I wanted something no one else has called and thought this would be fun. I'm hoping to see a wide range of creative entires!

I am looking forward to seeing how Gore manages to get DQ'd from this one.

You must be able to eat the shell!:becky:

Made me think of a contest when at the team meeting a question was brought up about a turn in for "anything but".

Team - "the rule says everything in box must be edible - what about the rind on a pineapple........will that get us DQed?"

Contest Rep - "Can I eat the rind of a pineapple?"

Team - "go ahead if you want to, I don't mind."

So, the "shell" does not need to be a naturally occurring shell? That should help. I was completely stumped if the shell had to natural.

CD

Taco shell, pastry shell, pasta shell, candy shell...

a hard outer covering of an animal, as the hard case of a mollusk, or either half of the case of a bivalve mollusk.
2. any of various objects resembling such a covering, as in shape or in being more or less concave or hollow.

As long as it's IN the shell.

Last edited:

a hard outer covering of an animal, as the hard case of a mollusk, or either half of the case of a bivalve mollusk.
2. any of various objects resembling such a covering, as in shape or in being more or less concave or hollow.

Baby, you were supposed to let THEM figure it out!!! :tsk:

Then I would think a Chicago Style pizza would fit the bill nicely. I've been waiting a LONG time hoping there would be a pizza throwdown at some point...this may be my chance. Then again, crispy tacos would also qualify, I would think....

Back