Boobs and Thighs with pron...

Mad Max

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
This was my Saturday night chicken dinner. After mowing, aerating, seeding, and fertilizing, both yards, most of the day, I was so tired, but some how my addiction, over came my laziness. We took out a dozen thighs and 3 breast, earlier during the day. I figured I throw them on the kettle, for a quick protein heavy meal.

The thighs:
Sat1.jpg

Rubbed with Plowboy's YardBird:
Sat2.jpg

The breasts:
Sat3.jpg

Rubbed with John Henry's Texas Chicken Tickler:
Sat4.jpg

Chimney getting lite with reg. Kingsford:
Sat5.jpg

When coals are ready, spread them out and added two chunks of cherry wood. Put on the thighs on the grill:
Sat6.jpg

About 25 minutes later, almost ready:
Sat9.jpg

Another shot:
Sat11.jpg

A check with the most accurate and fastest Thermapen on the market! Removed and foiled, for a little carry over temp.
Sat10.jpg

Next the breasts goes on the grill:
Sat12.jpg

And here you have a chicken dinner with mash taters reward, for a hard day's work. It was very tasty, the breast was moist on the center, but a little touch dry on the ends. Still one of the best breast, I have ever done on the grill. Yes, thighs were very moist and juicy and full of flavor. Hope you enjoy. :-D

Nice looking thighs..........but I think you pulled them off a little early, I've heard the RED Thermapen is off by at least 15 degrees, something to do with the DEVIL in it!!

Back