Disposable Foil Pans

RevZiLLa

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am considering putting a couple picnics into disposable foil pans and placing them on racks in the smoker. They would sure make clean up easier! I worry that they would reduce the contact between the smoke and the meat.

Any advice would be appreciated. :becky:

I have wondered the same thing. Should you put them on a rack to raise them up a little so they don't set in their own juice?

Will not be a problem.

The smoke will will find what it needs to.

I do not mind letting the meat sit in it's own juices.

No different than putting it in the oven in a pyrex or something. Should still work fine. The bottom wont get a bark but otherwise should be ok.

Doesn't matter picnics usually have skin and a thick layer of fat on them so just put in the pan skin down.

I use them all the time...no problems getting enough smoke...

Sometimes I put celery sliced in half lengthwise under a roast to keep it up a bit...another throw away instead of clean item.

Ed, from kickassbbq, is a stickburner, and uses pans all the time. Check out his site.(he's a member)

Been using pans a long time now, I seen kickass using them and called him one day and now I know why thanks for the info Ed.

I use pans most of the time. Smoke is not a problem, but I do notice there is a difference in air circulation around the meat. I have an oval and usually put the pan on the diffuser. The pan typically goes up to the grate. With the meat on top of the grate, this does restrict air flow. Things definitely cook differently.

I use pans most of the time. Smoke is not a problem, but I do notice there is a difference in air circulation around the meat. I have an oval and usually put the pan on the diffuser. The pan typically goes up to the grate. With the meat on top of the grate, this does restrict air flow. Things definitely cook differently.

Put some holes in your pan. :idea:

Back