MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Sales and Ventures > Brethren Ventures > Roastin' Ronnie's Coffee

Notices

Roastin' Ronnie's Coffee Welcome to Roastin' Ronnie's Coffee, where you'll find fresh roasted coffees from around the world. I'll be offering single origin coffees and blends as well as some advice and knowledge about the world of specialty coffee.

Old 02-04-2012, 10:47 PM   #31
SirPorkaLot
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : John

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_L View Post
Right here. I'll post when I have a batch available. I won't have time to roast this weekend, but probably next weekend.
yea i'll be needing a couple bags...

Old 02-06-2012, 08:55 PM   #32
buffalotom
Full Fledged Farker

Ron, I do love good coffee. Do you do any dark roast? I appreciate a good cup of Kona. Would like to order when you have some available. Thanks
buffalotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:18 PM   #33
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalotom View Post
Ron, I do love good coffee. Do you do any dark roast? I appreciate a good cup of Kona. Would like to order when you have some available. Thanks
Well, yeah, I'll do a dark roast if that's what's right for the bean. But, frankly, most beans lose their unique characteristics with too dark of a roast. If the roast goes too far the subtle varietal flavors are masked by the caramelized sugars tastes from the roast (or burnt sugars in the case of a certain national chain ).

What you may find, if I get the right coffee, is a melange, which is a blend of the same bean at different roast levels. Now that I'm thinking about it, I think I have some Brazilian coffee that would hold up well in a melange of a light roast (maybe City+) and a darker roast (Full City+ or maybe even Vienna). The lighter roast should have some floral notes and a milk chocolate finish and the dark roast would be all about dark chocolate. I also have a very nice Sulawesi that would add in some earthiness and a little bit of funk.

Can you tell that I'm making this up as I go along? If I have enough of the Brazil I think I just decided what I'm going to roast this weekend

Watch this space on Sunday to see if my plan works out :)

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 02-06-2012, 10:20 PM   #34
Ron_L

BTW, if all of the City+, Full City+, etc. makes no sense to you, here's my decoder ring

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=98244

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Old 02-06-2012, 10:25 PM   #35
Ron_L

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkg View Post
i haven't found any talk here about coffee makers........am I just missing it?
No, you're not missing it. I started writing up a section of brewing but there are so many options that It started getting confusing. I'll dig it up and figure it out.

In the meantime, what are you looking for? Brewed coffee or espresso? Automatic or manual? What capacity? What's your budget?

Let me know and I can give you some ideas.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Old 02-07-2012, 09:42 AM   #36
buffalotom
Full Fledged Farker

Ron, Thanks for the information. I will be watching on Sunday.
buffalotom is offline   Reply With Quote