Kosmo's Products

5-0 BBQ

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
We are doing a Halloween party on Sunday. I will be doing a ton of Q so I thought it would be a good time to try the beef injection and the chicken soak.

I am doing a brisket with the beef injection. I want to know what you all recommend to mix it with and how much of the 1/2lb bag to use per brisket? I was planning on mixing it with beef consume.

Also I was going to soak my thighs for about 3-4 hours.

might be a bit long for the thighs.

the ratios on the bag will produce a very potent brine.

the brisket injection, mixed with just water, is VERY flavorful.

i really like his stuff.

dunno if that helps you any, really. but i try....

For home use I use 1/2 cup mixed with one 15oz can of unsalted beef broth per average briskie. YMMV

I use all of Kozmo's soak and injection and have settled on just using water with every one. I have soaked a spatchcocked chicken for 8 hours before and it came out great onlt thing left where bones. Good Stuff. I'm going a clod tonight that will be injected and soaked in Kozmo's

I've used both products but especially love the beef injection. I mix it with Campbell's beef consommé read can instructions. Mix Kosmo's to the package recommendations I think it's 3/4c of mix to 2c of liquid, inject till that baby is full and use the rest as a marinade.
The chicken soak I've used but left it in too long so I wasn't happy with the results(My Fault) I will use the soak again but not leave it in as long.

John

Directions are as follows:

Beef = 3/4 cup mix to 2 cups of liquid

Chicken = 3/4 cup mix to 1/2 gallon of liquid

Plenty of product in our store. :thumb:

Directions are as follows:

Beef = 3/4 cup mix to 2 cups of liquid

Chicken = 3/4 cup mix to 1/2 gallon of liquid

Plenty of product in our store. :thumb:
We sell it as well at The BBQ Equipment Store. We just picked up the line. This will be my first time testing it out.

Also with the chicken I am doing thighs and drums how long should I soak?

i haven't used the chicken soak in a bit, but if i recall correctly, for comp trimmed size boneless skinless(in the soak) thighs, 4 hours was too long. i have notes on all this but not with me. i beleive i had settled in on 1 and a 1/2 hours for that size peice of meat.
hope that helps.

Thanks! I know the package says 4 hours but I keep hearing people say soak for less time.

on the chicken soak.

I will also say 4 hours is too long, I tried it once at home for a couple hours, it was awesome. I did the 4 hours for a comp, and it was really too long, had a aftertaste I could not place where it was coming from.

Prepped with Kosmo's Beef Injection, Rubbed with Yellow Mustard and Outlaw Dry Rub.

Just put on the Oval XL.

72443_10150115555043504_762698503_7811627_799784_n.jpg

For home use I use 1/2 cup mixed with one 15oz can of unsalted beef broth per average briskie. YMMV

To clarify this a bit: I've tried using 3/4 cup as per the directions but it gives flavors that are a little too intense for eating a whole meal out of one briskie. Remember ..... at a comp you've only got one or two bites to "wow" that judge - at home your guests are (hopefully) going to eat more than that. :-D

Chicken Just hit the soak and the brisket has been on since 10pm
72520_10150115888328504_762698503_7820608_558241_n.jpg

Man That was the best Brisket ever. I am sold this stuff rocks. The Chicken Soak was great as well.

Back