Battle of the BBQ Brethren, Sayville, NY - Oct 24-26, 2008

long as my experimentation can't drag down the scores that count i'm in..

To reiterate: This turn-in will have NOTHING to do with how you do at the event. You will neither gain nor lose any points or ranking. You will not get any awards or trophies.

This is STRICTLY an informal service for the competitors.

Eric

i think The Ed Travers Band, a local Jimmy Buffet cover band is scheduled to appear on the 26th! they usually have a margarita day in sayville in the summer but it was rained out this year. i think they rescheduled them for the weekend of the competition. if so this should be ALOT of fun! they have a huge following. bring limes!!!

i think The Ed Travers Band, a local Jimmy Buffet cover band is scheduled to appear on the 26th! they usually have a margarita day in sayville in the summer but it was rained out this year. i think they rescheduled them for the weekend of the competition. if so this should be ALOT of fun! they have a huge following. bring limes!!!

They are a great band! I may have to alter my beverage selection to include margaritas. :biggrin:

For the grilling comp does the pizza dough need to be made on site or is pre-prepared ok? Thanks. ex

For the grilling comp does the pizza dough need to be made on site or is pre-prepared ok? Thanks. ex

Robert was planning on using pre-made so I hope it's not an issue...Eric can answer that one :biggrin:

I will have an answer for you regarding the pizza dough asap.

I have just sent out an email to all the teams. If you did not receive a copy, please email me.

saberinc@verizon.net

Thanks,

Eric

Prize Money

As an fyi, prize money for the event is now nearing $9,000.00

Eric

With respect to collecting for the Sayville Food Pantry . . .

For many of us this competition is in our backyard and I am certain that like me, many will be inviting friends to stop by, hang, eat, and drink with us.

Ask them, or outright tell them to bring canned foods, dry goods, etc., to enhance the collection.

With respect to collecting for the Sayville Food Pantry . . .

For many of us this competition is in our backyard and I am certain that like me, many will be inviting friends to stop by, hang, eat, and drink with us.

Ask them, or outright tell them to bring canned foods, dry goods, etc., to enhance the collection.

Excellent idea! Thanks for the tip!

Thanks Eric. I thought it was a bonehead question and was just asking to be sure. I was surprised when you needed a clarification, but glad I asked. ex

Lot Requests

The following teams have put in special requests for where they will be located. If you need any special accommodation's and you are not on this list, please email me. saberinc@verizon.net

Blazin Butts
Swamp Pit
Primal Meat
Smokers Lounge
Up in Smoke
Big W's Bodacious BBQ
Lakeside Smokers

Thanks,

Eric

Last edited:
Important announcement

The last date for applications and checks to be accepted for competitors is Wednesday, Oct. 15th. This is the date the application must be AT the Chamber of Commerce. That is not the postmark date.

If there are any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.

saberinc@verizon.net

Hello!

As I hope that you are aware, we are working with Breast Cancer Help as our charity of choice at the Battle of the BBQ Brethren.

A number of very generous donations were made to the charity for raffles to be held over the weekend. We would like to take a minute to thank the donors and let you know what is being raffled off.

There is one caveat. This is a list of what is PLANNED to be raffled. As some of the items are not yet in hand I am not guaranteeing that everything will be there. I will update as things arrive.

On with the show:

Large Big Green Egg with Eggcessories from Big Green Egg

Open Range Smoker from Ace of Hearts BBQ

UDS from Shane and Wyatt (2 very generous members of the BBQ Brethren)

Thermometers from Thermoworks

Thermometers from Maverick

Various Sauces

Various BBQ Related Books

If you would like to donate something for the raffles your effort would be greatly appreciated. If you know someone that we should contact, please let us know.

Eric

Great work, eric! I can ask around for some other donations.

Back