10-1/2 lb. Outlaw pork butt

ttkt57

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Breaking all the rules, I'm putting a 10-1/2 lb. pork butt in the Outlaw at 2:00 PM at 225°F. Before you call me completely insane, let me remind you that I'm retired with nowhere to be Monday morning--and I'm taking advantage of a break in the Idaho weather. That being said, I realize it's still crazy and there's no telling when I'll get to bed tonight.

This thing is a whopper!

The last one I did was 10#. It took some 12 hours at 225 +/-. Keep the coffee pot on the stove.

Isn't the idea of a pellet cooker to get sleep while it does the work? [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have physical training at 0600 with a awake up call at 0430 but I’m anxiously awaiting. I feel like something may be wrong with me!:loco:

Things are pretty much stalled; time to put it in a pan with a foil tent and save some juice.

I could have left it in a little longer for a bit more bark, but it's cold outside and it looks good enough. Now I'll tent it with foil, poke the probe back in, and set the alarm for 200°F.

I will definitely go naked to 165°F or 170°F next time but this isn't bad. I've never finished in a pan and look forward to tasting this beast after I pull it and mix some juice back in.

That's a lot of sandwiches! It was fun, but next time, a smaller pork shoulder!

Now it's time to put them to bed, and time to put myself to bed too!

Get yourself a vac sealer if you don’t already have one. Then freeze in 12oz packages or whatever size works for you. You can reheat in a boiling water bath and it comes out tasting like it just came off the smoker.

Get yourself a vac sealer if you don’t already have one. Then freeze in 12oz packages or whatever size works for you. You can reheat in a boiling water bath and it comes out tasting like it just came off the smoker.

Great idea! I want one! Meanwhile I'll have to rely on my ex-USMC special forces son who has, no wait, is a high powered, custom sandwich vac.

Back