Fire Roasted Hatch Chiles Mac & Cheese!!!

Jayblefty

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I have been getting some Fantastic produce from a local Heirloom farmer. He has a thing for Spicy Chiles (LUCKILY!!) and this year he got his hands on some seeds from New Mexico. They are the spiciest variety they produce and they have the Perfect amount of heat!!! I took 5 and fire roasted them and tossed them into my Mac&Cheese (Homemade). Made for a delightful lunch!

Getting their char on

And there it is in all it Gooey Goodness!!! Thanks for looking!

Very nice! Will you share the recipe?

The recipe is worked out to produce a batch for about 30 people, makes a two inch hotel pan FULL!

It is roughly 4lb raw elbow mac boiled till soft
2.5 quarts extra thick, extra salty cream sauce with a touch of garlic and a Bunch of shallots (both minced)
1 quart nacho cheese sauce (the stuff like the gas station has)
2lb shredded sharp cheddar.

Mix it all together and bake at 350 for 60min.
Add whatever you want like chicken, chipotle peppers, roasted chiles or bleu cheese. I never measure when I am cooking but you need those noodles SWIMMING in sauce before you bake it. My Mac&Cheese is known at all the local country clubs as the best around:) Hope it works for you!

I'm a hatch fan too. Your mac and cheese looks great!!

Please help a chiles novice. I've seen several posts referring to Hatch Chiles, I thought that was a place name for chiles grown in/around Hatch, NM or are they a variety of chile, like a serrano?

Back