pork tenderloin

• Thread starter Rick's Tropical Delight
  • Start date
R

Rick's Tropical Delight

grilled with maple chips and leftover lump with a little cherry chips in it from the turkey legs.

hot jerk dry rub from pussers rum on the pork, then torch the lump and the egg was at 400 degrees in 10 minutes, let it stabilize for 15 more minutes and dumped in two handfuls of maple chips, then 5 minutes for the white smoke to turn blue and in go the tenders. start at 400, then coast down to 350. then yellow squash near the end with black pepper. 40 minutes or so total on the pork :biggrin:

porktenderloin-006.jpg

and a glaze of pomegranate chipotle sauce near the end

Rick is starting to give me a inferiority complex........and hunger pangs.......and drool stains on the keyboard lol

That looks very good.

(Run out of adjectives to describe Rick's food mod)

...and a glaze of pomegranate chipotle sauce near the end.

Shear Genius I tell ya! GENIUS!!

coyoteq.gif

Ok, Im hungry again...

When I grow up, I wanna cook like Rick....either that or live next door to him:biggrin:!

A minute ago my bologna sandwich was good, now... not so great

Rick hopefully someone will write you up for a Throwdown with Bobbly Flay. He wants to be a bbq guy so bad! Kick his Ar$$e C-Bass!

grilled with maple chips and leftover lump with a little cherry chips in it from the turkey legs.

hot jerk dry rub from pussers rum on the pork, then torch the lump and the egg was at 400 degrees in 10 minutes, let it stabilize for 15 more minutes and dumped in two handfuls of maple chips, then 5 minutes for the white smoke to turn blue and in go the tenders. start at 400, then coast down to 350. then yellow squash near the end with black pepper. 40 minutes or so total on the pork :biggrin:

porktenderloin-006.jpg

and a glaze of pomegranate chipotle sauce near the end

Looks good. I think I had read somewhere (BBQ Bible maybe) about butterflying the PT. I tried it with some JJerk marinade and it was good. Sometimes I feel like the flavor stays on the outside of this meat and doesn't permeate so well. Have you ever tried that? The cross section of the meat is reduced. I like tenderloin all ways though.

It has gotten to where now, whenever I see a post by Rick, I try to make sure I have had at least something to eat recently, take a deep breath, lean back to get comfortable and then open it up.
The rest is just like one of pavlov's dogs......
Always a pleasure...

Outstanding!!!

Rick, need you to send a Care Package of that here to North Carolina!!
We Aspire to Cook Like You!!!!

Man this is really painful when you are waiting for a brisket to finish ...

Great looking grub as always.

I agree.
Rick, care to share the recipe for that?
Thanks!

the pomegranate chipotle sauce is from 'tastefull simple' and it's a seasonal item, but oh so good!

this was a relatively easy cook, guys, so i'm amazed at all the comments :icon_blush:

thanks for all that, brethren :eusa_clap

the key is a super fast rapid red thermapen! :biggrin:

porktenderloin-008.jpg

Back