London Broil

smokinvic

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I picked up a London Broil today. 4-1/2 pounds. Would I treat it like a chuck? I will be usind Kingsford coals in my 85 gal UDS. I will also be placing some cherry wood chunks and an apple wood chunk in there, maybe even a chunk of orange tree.

I plan on putting it on tonight along with an 8-1/2 pound pork butt. I will keep at approx 225 degrees. What temp should london broil be pulled at? Should I spray with AJ like the butt? I will take butt to 205 degrees, hopefully pulling off sometime tomorrow morning.

I plan on using kosher salt and pepper for "rub", maybe a little garlic powder also. Is this okay?

London Broil can be a tough cut for smokin like that. I would marinade using wististsouseresouser sauce , garlic and throw it on the grill with cracked pepper at a high temp. Remember to cut across the grain.

Ruined a piece myself... its leaner than chuck and will dry out too soon without proper attention. Maybe wrap it in bacon and inject heavily.

Listen to the good DR (above)... he has the advice.

Pull it at 115 to 120 and rest it. Then slice it across the grain no thicker than 1/4 inch. It'll be good.

What /l\ they said. Treat it like a steak, and more Worsty the better.

Okay so I marinated it over night. I used lemon pepper, paprika, garlic, and soaked it in a bit of orange juice and worschtershier sauce. I seared over coals about 5 minutes each side, then placed indirect and took it to 140 degrees. Not as rare as some would like, my family likes a bit more to the well done side. I still got a bit of pinkness, and it tasted pretty good. Did not come out tough at all. I used my now falling apart kettle grill for this.

IMG_6167.jpg

IMG_6168.jpg

IMG_6169.jpg

IMG_6170.jpg

IMG_6171.jpg

It looks perfect to me, my wife on the other hand....................

Great job on your cook.

I use that cut of beef for my beef jerky,, works great for that.,, but it sure looked good how you did it up, nice medium//medium rare,,,good eats there.

Looks pretty good to me too. I love London Broil for it's great beef flavor.

Back