• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

creosote drippings

Neil

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
what is the best way to clean the creosote drippings out of the smoking chamber? I've got stallagtites of the stuff hanging from my bandera chimney!

either I am the only one who has this problem or "creosote dippings" is not a good topic to attract replies.

Neil,
Just too early in the morning- guys are sleeping off Sat :D
Creosote, as we use the term here, is that thick crappy black bark that forms with a poor fire. White and Black smoke causes our creosote and that is a NO-NO. :twisted:
I use a plain ole putty knife to get the worst off (not really creosote, just stuff). Small accumulations are not a couse for worry.
When I get bored or just can't stand it anymore, I blast the Beast with a pressure washer. Works wonderful!
Many of us have put a "drain Mod" in the bottom to drain off drippings. Some of us line the bottom with foil and change it out.
All kinds of ways.
Enjoy your Beast and welcome to the forum!!!
TIM

kapndsl said:
Neil,
Just too early in the morning- guys are sleeping off Sat :D
Creosote, as we use the term here, is that thick crappy black bark that forms with a poor fire. White and Black smoke causes our creosote and that is a NO-NO. :twisted:
I use a plain ole putty knife to get the worst off (not really creosote, just stuff). Small accumulations are not a couse for worry.
When I get bored or just can't stand it anymore, I blast the Beast with a pressure washer. Works wonderful!
Many of us have put a "drain Mod" in the bottom to drain off drippings. Some of us line the bottom with foil and change it out.
All kinds of ways.
Enjoy your Beast and welcome to the forum!!!
TIM

Yawn!!!!

Yep, what he said.

Is it Sunday yet? :?
Time for a nap :wink:

Back