Contest Results BrickStreet BBQ, Marietta Ohio June 5-6

roksmith

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
A hardy congratulations to Them Ohio City Boys for winning GC and 1st place finishes in Chicken, Pork, and Brisket.
I'll post full results after I get a little sleep.
On a side note, I'd like to thank Them Ohio City Boys for mentoring us in our first KCBS event. They were a huge help to us and played a large part in us placing 5th in 3 catergories and 5th overall.
OK only 8 teams, but I'm still happy beating a few more experienced teams.

It was great to meet you, your wife, extended family and friends. It was a joy to see your face for the first call....that really made my day....not because I had any part of it, but, because I got to see first hand the pride you take in your cooking....very dedicated, and I believe the only team site that got no sleep throughout the night.

I look forward to seeing you guys again.

On a side note, the event volunteers were great, and everyone that I met that was associated with the restoration project for the Colony Theatre were helpful...and welcomed us in and helped us get around. Now that we have had time to sit down it is time to crash out....met some really great folks over the weekend.

Congratulations Rob on your first GC! I knew you could do it! Keep up the great work!

Thanks Rob.. apprecieate that..
Here are the full results:

Overall Ranking
1. Them Ohio City Boys
2. Cowboy Dan BBQ Boys
3. Blacksmith BBQ
4. II Kings Q
5. Brutus and Company
6. Old Kentucky BBQ
7. Red Valley BBQ
8. Wrangler

Chicken
1. Them Ohio CIty Boys
2. Blacksmith BBQ
3. Cowboy Dan BBQ Boys
4. Old Kentucky BBQ
5. Brutus and Company
6. II Kings Q
7. Red VAlley BBQ
8. Wrangler

Pork Ribs
1. Blacksmith BBQ
2. Old Kentucky BBQ
3. Wrangler
4. Them Ohio City Boys
5. Brutus and Company
6. II Kings BBQ
7. Cowboy Dan BBQ Boys
8. Red Valley BBQ

Pork
1. Them Ohio City Boys
2. Cowboy Dan BBQ Boys
3. II Kings Q
4. Red Valley BBQ
5. Wrangler
6. Old Kentucky BBQ
7. Brutus and Company
8. Blacksmith BBQ

Brisket
1. Them Ohio City Boys
2. Cowboy Dan BBQ Boys
3. II Kings Q
4. Blacksmith BBQ
5. Brutus and Company
6. Old Kentucky BBQ
7. Wrangler
8. Red Valley BBQ

wow! that's quite a spanking! :biggrin:

:icon_blush: ummmmm, about an hour too much.....I had to pick through 4 racks to get enough in....I lost track of my time......but, as it goes....when you apologize to the turn in table you really cannot expect too much...was grateful for 4th....scores were accurate as far as tenderness.....

Dallas....thanks a lot.....wish you guys could have made it down.....I learned from a very good competitor:wink:

Kim, and a major congrats to you too.....

Smellslikesmoke....really appreciate the supportive words.....

Wow..........congrats on the GC!

WTG Rob on your first GC! You starting to get used to those trophies, huh? We couldn't be happier for you.

Congrats to everyone who participated at Marietta!

Congrats Rob!!! I'd say 3 1st's and a GC is a butt whoopin'. time to build a new mantel for all the hardware!!

Wow..........congrats on the GC!
Thanks Bull

You starting to get used to those trophies, huh?
I can think of one that I really really, and I mean, REALLY want...cough cough, Boston Hills.....

Congrats! Fantastic job!
Thanks a lot Ron

I'd say 3 1st's and a GC is a butt whoopin'
blind squirrel meets acorn....was a fun first year contest.....hope for a lot more teams next year.....

WoooHooo!! Congrat's Rob...Way to go!!!!:eusa_clap:-D:eusa_clap

Back