MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun bi-weekly photo contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted every other week, plus a special monthly category. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, prizes, and the chance to choose the next category. Some of our most talked about cooking techniques and recipes were given birth in the Throwdowns!

Old 10-13-2011, 07:56 PM   #136
caseydog
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhot View Post
So has anyone even thought about their man sized meat ? This thing's gone so far off topic that I almost forgot what the topic was !
Actually, I have. But I will probably forget to take a picture of it on the grill, and get a farking Dilly Bar.

But, I do have an idea -- actually two ideas. I just have to read the rules about fifteen times before I start cooking.

CD
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->

Old 10-13-2011, 08:00 PM   #137
colonel00
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I got mine ready to go It isn't the biggest hunk-o-meat but then again, it's not the size that matters. What it lacks in size it more than makes up for in manliness.

[B][COLOR=red]WWWWFBBQADD[/COLOR][/B]
[B]0 out of 1 members found this post helpful[/B] :thumb:

“I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
colonel00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:03 PM   #138
Redhot
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel00 View Post
That is strictly opinion. Haven't you learned to not believe everything you see on the internet

However, if you are in fact basing your rulings based on information found on said intergoogle. I present you with this: http://nymag.com/restaurants/features/69369/

As you can see, Eggplants are indeed meat.

Also, Mr. Merriam Webster would also like to define meat as thus:

Definition of MEAT

a : the core of something : heart

So, eggplants have cores = meat. If you insist on classifying eggplants as vegetables then fine. However, let us not forget that artichokes have hearts = meat and eggplants and artichokes are both vegetables. Thus, eggplants have hearts = meat.

P.S. This is all Gore's fault. I don't think I even like eggplant.
Yeah, I like eggplant too but sorry, it ain't meat! Meat has to be able to walk, moo, oink, baaaah, pee and crap, and be butchered...just sayin'
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Comic Sans MS]GOSM "Bubba Q", Stovetop Smoker "Lazy Girl", ET-73[/FONT][/FONT]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=navy]Avatar by NorthwestBBQ[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
Redhot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:13 PM   #139
Redhot
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
I got mine ready to go It isn't the biggest hunk-o-meat but then again, it's not the size that matters. What it lacks in size it more than makes up for in manliness.

Is that ONE serving?
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Comic Sans MS]GOSM "Bubba Q", Stovetop Smoker "Lazy Girl", ET-73[/FONT][/FONT]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=navy]Avatar by NorthwestBBQ[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
Redhot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:16 PM   #140
colonel00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhot View Post
Is that ONE serving?
Technically, yes. There is/will be more to the story but that is all of this cut that could be salvaged as edible without being harmful. DQ if you like but yes it has been trimmed...sorta....more like blown to chit.

“I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
Thanks from: --->
Old 10-13-2011, 09:01 PM   #141
watertowerbbq
is One Chatty Farker

i tried explaining how the "throwdown" works at work today. they looked at my like i had spiders coming out of my ears. hard to explain how squirrels, eggplants and pork tenderloin all come together for fun. they think i'm nuts.
Previous: BWS Competitor (sold 2012), WSM - 18.5" (2009, sold 2011), WSM - 18.5" (2004, sold 2010)
Superfast Orange Thermopen, Yellow MK4, Fireboard, Railroad Detective
watertowerbbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:26 PM   #142
bigabyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldyote View Post
What was this throwdown again?
What's a Throwdown? Is that some sort of Eggplant or something?
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:46 PM   #143
Al Czervik

Name/Nickname : Scott/Mongo

Did someone mention Eggplant?
(='.'=) Avatar by Chalupa
(")_(")
Al Czervik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:34 PM   #144
Kenny Rogers
Full Fledged Farker

Sorry for the previous detour comments, sometimes my friends shout out "RABBIT TRAIL" for no apparent reason...

ANYWAYS I have a bonifide question this time....
What is "one serving" for some that would be a 6oz steak, for others it may be a 32 oz roast. Do people with smaller appetites have a disadvantage in this competition? Do we have to submit video of us eating this serving, to prove we can eat said serving? Does the video have to be timestamped to prove we didn't eat it in more than one sitting? Do we have to have a notorized letter from a witness certifying to video is authentic?

Thank you in advance for all of your answers. I'm contemplating entering one of these competitions for the first time... Just not sure which one...

Oh, also can we use eggplants as a garnish?
Old 10-13-2011, 10:39 PM   #145
colonel00

When you find out, please let the rest of us know

Old 10-13-2011, 10:50 PM   #146
Kenny Rogers
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
When you find out, please let the rest of us know
I'll try Col... What's a good secured number I can reach you on?
Old 10-13-2011, 10:54 PM   #147
colonel00

Don't worry about that. We are watching you already. Just keep any foil away from your head. Thanks.

Old 10-13-2011, 11:01 PM   #148
Kenny Rogers
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Don't worry about that. We are watching you already. Just keep any foil away from your head. Thanks.
Roger that!
Old 10-14-2011, 12:04 AM   #149
Meat Man
Full Fledged Farker

I think I need a bigger grill
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 681034.jpg (169.2 KB, 116 views)
Meat Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 05:11 AM   #150
Al Czervik

Name/Nickname : Scott/Mongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Rogers View Post
I'm contemplating entering one of these competitions for the first time... Just not sure which one...

Oh, also can we use eggplants as a garnish?
We'd love to have you join the insanity... The best bet is to just jump in feet first on the next one... Hell there is still time to get in on the Tenderloin TD. Just make sure it does have egglplant as the MAIN ingredient... You'll get a special prize for that.
(='.'=) Avatar by Chalupa
(")_(")
Al Czervik is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
My Meat Rules