• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

OMG!!!! Shagdog has cooked us one heck of a meal

TuscaloosaQ

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Well folks i arrived at Matts house yesterday around lunch from Alabama.... Had a great trip so far.... Got to stop in Cincinnati and see the grand babies .. Then headed up to Matts... Met Chicago Kp yesterday and Chris (OIF Marine and his family is coming down today.. Butts and brisket got put on the smoker @ 5:00 am this morning.....Matt had us setup to grind and make some of his spectacular andouille sausage to take home to Alabama..

Grinding the meat

Me and Matt... He is letting me measure all the ingredients... I am trying to figure out how to convert these into feet and inches.... Since that is what i deal with daily

Got me an excellent helper.... Matts son is awesome, well have behaved and a hard worker

Matts son is running the stuffer for me

It is looking like sausage

Matt looking silly

Matt is letting me do my thing

Sharon is just happy that we will be carrying home some fresh andouille

Now the good stuff... Matt prepared an awesome dish for supper... Here we go
It had chicken... Shrimp... Lobster .. Chorizo sausage... Garlic ... Tomatoes.. Bell pepper... Peas... Saffron....And Spanish rice... Cooked over the webber .... The dish is called Paella...

Matt doing his thing

I think Sharon wants to put Matts boy in our luggage and carry him home to Alabama....

Matt being silly again

It is looking so good

The finished product.... It was freaking amazing.... Tasted sooo goood!!!!!

We are having a big cookout today.. We are so excited.... It is a testament to the awesome BBQ Brethern site... Would not have ever met these awesome people had i not joined this site...

Looks awesome, have a great weekend guys.
I agree with your thoughts on the brethren, great people, great ideas and I found some great people to built me the smoker of my dreams, you!
:thumb:

Food looks great! I am hungry now... Never seen a dish like that before. Looks fantastic!

Looks like some good eats and fun times.
Have a safe trip home!!
Thanks for sharing!!

looks like your having a blast.the food looks great.Im sure Tyler and Ross are doing a good job holding down the fort.:becky:

Always thought shag was a cool guy but now I know for sure. Shouldn't be surprised since it seems like 99.9% of the brethren are. Nice to see you guys having a good time.

Reading this was the perfect way to start the day. I love how we are connected no matter the distance or various differences between us. Find out that there is a Brethren in town, and a mini bash will often result.

How special it is to have the opportunity to cook with the man who made your smoker.

Matt, your home is fantastic, the paella is amazing... but let me be the first to comment on that cutting board. Your woodwork is a think of beauty!

5E490786-A5F5-48F1-9550-691BB5E9E671.jpg

That looks like a farking awesome meal I have got to try to do that stuff Looks like a Great time Looking forward to pics later

Back