• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Restaurant Depot question for KCBS day-passers

O

osx-addict

So, I got my KCBS 'kit' in the mail over the weekend and called the local Restaurant Depot to confirm that I can visit on occasion. The young lady made it obvious they weren't interested in having you come by too often..

So, for those of you that have done the day pass thing, how frequently do you visit and have any of you been told you're coming too frequently.. ? :crazy:
I just wanted to set my expectations properly.. I've not yet had a chance to go over...

I've gone a few times (the one on Jefferson near Hauser). I don't go often 'cause the hours don't really line up with my work schedule, but it's a good place to get stuff. A time or 2 the person at the front seemed a little confused, but I just gave them a printout of what it says for them to do on the KCBS site along with my card and it got cleared up quickly. I don't think they're keeping track of how often you come. I've heard they only accept cash from day pass members, but I used my credit card (which then got hacked when their computers were compromised last year. :rolleyes:)

BTW We're putting together a SoCal bash - check it out here. :thumb:

The warmth of your reception will probably just depend on who happens to be there. After a few visits and making nice with a lady who was at first quite grumpy, she turned out to be really nice and printed up permanent cards for us. Very nice!

It is well worth the trip, we went just today.

My location is always nice and pleasant. I think the slot brethren before me have all educated them, because when i go in they always ask me where i'm competing this weekend. Takes no time flat to get my pass.

Btw, i don't compete.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

No limits. So don't let then tell you otherwise

We got in early enough to get an I'd card....but the coupon is always good

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

No problem here and I go at least once a month. Although I haven't been given a permanent card, I do have an undated day pass which I easily use over and over.

Cool. Thanks guys! I just wanted to check.. I used to have a trailer stored out in BellFlower (off the 91 fwy here in the LA area) and there was a Jetro's market out there -- I didn't realize it was part of Restaurant Depot -- the first time I figured I'd check it out, it was closed down! :sad:

anyway, my wife & I were checking out the local PDF online paper showing the sales.. She is as giddy about going as I am.. Will be leaving the kids at home -- they don't like to behave in any stores.. Don't need to be kicked out before I can get in..

I've never had a problem, but even if I did, I have all of the paperwork that states that I can shop there. I printed off the info from the KCBS site and laminated it it. It stays in my wallet right next to my KCBS card. I am always issued a day pass and they always take it back when I checkout. I was told cash only for day pass. I suppose I could try using credit or debit, but I prefer to be prepared and go with more than enough cash (my "just going for a brisket" trips usually end up including a lot more than that :biggrin1:).

I was lucky enough to have a friend with an account. He gave me a key fob for his business and I can go anytime :clap:

Went first time last weekend. Walking through the aisles it was like Costco - large quantity stuff on skids... then I went into the refrigerated area...OMG! :shock:

I need to bring a coat next time! When I saw bone in Picnics for $0.95 when the supermarkets are over $2.50 i knew i hit gold. The meats look great, the selection is awesome and the fresh fish section (I am in NJ so we have a fresh fish selection) is amazing. Fresh lobster, fresh fish on ice not cryovac, shrimp, scallops and the cheese section is really good too. Looks like I need to make room in my freezer and mentally prepare to spend some dough there!

Based on a recent thread here, I went to the Restaurant Depot a few weekends ago and asked for a day pass. The lady behind the counter was a bit grumpy due to the prior customers in line, so I simply treated her with the respect that anyone who has authority deserves, and she melted in my hands like butter :) I received my KCBS packet this weekend but haven't opened it yet. Guess I ought to do that :)

David

Back