Baby Backs and a fatty

thillin

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Fired up the large and threw on a slab rubbed with Dizzy Pig Dizzy Dust. And added a fatty with the same.

Attachments

• IMG_0186.JPG
    IMG_0186.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 131
Looking good from here - nice and simple....

Quick question re : BGE set up

I see a pan under the grate. Is that a standard drip pan that you place on top of the plate setter ? Is that typical when que'ing on a BGE so all the drippings do not hit the plate setter ?

Quick question re : BGE set up

I see a pan under the grate. Is that a standard drip pan that you place on top of the plate setter ? Is that typical when que'ing on a BGE so all the drippings do not hit the plate setter ?

Most people use something. Some use disposable pans or foil. I use a deep dish pizza pan covered in foil for easy cleanup. It's the pefect size for the large. I have a smaller one for the medium that I havn't used yet.

Here it the smaller one along with another that I picked up.

Attachments

• IMG_0190.JPG
    IMG_0190.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 98
Here's the ribs along with some dogs I threw on.

Attachments

• IMG_0187.JPG
    IMG_0187.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 96
fatty pics? ribs look delicious. i'm ready for rib season. it's the best time of the year. :)

This could go to all BGE oweners, Question, the plate, is to deflect the heat, so it goes up the sides? also the plate acts as a cook to at the same time? What is the plate made out of? The coal basket, is how far down, and does it fall to the bottom of the BGE? just currious, what the whole shape is all about...

The plate setter is ceramic also. And yes it directs the heat to the sides and the dome helps reflect it down. Here's a diagram of the internals.

Attachments

• bgedia2.jpg
    bgedia2.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 57
Thanks Thillin, just currious, all the talk about BGE's makes me want to get one, but thats about impossible out here!

Thanks Thillin, just currious, all the talk about BGE's makes me want to get one, but thats about impossible out here!

Hiloboy has a couple eggs out there on the islands. Find out how he got them. Or have swamp find you a deal worth shipping. Might be time to take a boat ride.

Someone on here has a couple eggs out there on the islands. Can't think right now, but find out how he got them. Or have swamp find you a deal worth shipping.

That's Hiloboy, BTW, haven't heard from him in a while...
thanks...

Back