• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Thermometer + Fan $250 range

SmokingJoe

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
Hey guys

I know there's a few thermometer threads in here and some great reviews. I've never really used any of these units.

Prefer something that has a fan attachment, many of my Cooks are being done while I'm working (at home) and can't always run out to adjust vents for temp.

Would love something where I can keep logs in the app of previous Cooks. Always nice to know Temp ranges when something comes out perfect.

Ambient plus meat probes, minimum of 2 but I'd take as many as I can get.

WiFi is a must, Bluetooth items always seem to be hit or miss

Unit I'm currently eyeing is the Fireboard 2 Drive but it's the only one I really know. Is there a comparible model?

Thanks

I have the Fireboard 2 Drive and a BBQ Guru 10 cfm fan. Work very well together and cost is right at your $250.

What pit are you trying to control?

Getting delivery of my LSG 20x42 in the next 10 days. Also will be used with WSM

If you have time, I waited until Thermoworks put their Signals on sale and I teamed it with their Billows (Signals is designed to drive the Billows). I used it for the first time last week and I am very pleased. Excellent temp control and the new app is great. Really like the graphing function. I run the app on Wifi on an iPhone, iPad, and Samsung tablet with no problems.

Oh, that's a nice setup also. I'm such a newb with thermo tech. I've been using cheap instant read thermos for the last 10+ years but that also meant I need to be nearby all day checking on pit and meat temps and also needed to log cooks with pen and paper. It's time I stop being so cheap and treat myself to something that will make my life easier.

Getting delivery of my LSG 20x42 in the next 10 days. Also will be used with WSM

Personally, I think a fan is a waste of time on an offset. Would be fine for the WSM. No need to go beyond the 10cfm fan. I think the better makes are all pretty comparable.

A good instant read thermometer is super handy. Can’t recommend the Thermopen MK4 higher. It’s a great device.

Fireboard with it's case (for when it rains), magnetic base (so it won't fall and break, if you have a place to attach to), and type K thermocouples.

Back