Reverse Sear Kobe Tri-Tip and Lamb Chops on the Cajun Bandit Mini Smoker Joe

swamprb

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
This little monster is kickin' some serious a$$ and having a blast playing with it! Here are a couple more cooks I did over the last week.

Starting off with some Anderson Farms Lamb blade chops, coated with evoo and my Santa Maria rub with Rosemary. Cooked over Cherry lump from Real Montana Charcoal Co...and Cherry for smoke.

IMG_2815.jpg

IMG_2777.jpg

IMG_2828.jpg

The rest
IMG_2821.jpg

The sear
IMG_2822.jpg

IMG_2825.jpg

IMG_2827.jpg

Sunday Wagyu Tri-Tip!

IMG_2830.jpg

IMG_2833.jpg

Santa Maria rub
IMG_2834.jpg

Added some more Cherry lump from the last cook and fired it off, Cherry for smoke.
IMG_2835.jpg

IMG_2838.jpg

IMG_2843.jpg

The Eggs are jealous!
IMG_2836.jpg

The sear
IMG_2845.jpg

Resting
IMG_2844.jpg

Dinner is served!
IMG_2846.jpg

IMG_2847.jpg

I can't wait to get some time to cook low n' slow with this baby! Until then, I'm a grillin' fool!

Thanks go out to Bill and Mohammed at the Butcher Shop Cafe and Chris Byrd at C&C Grilling Co.for feedin' my addiction!

Was your only mod to the smokey joe the charcoal basket?

I'd hit that! :becky: Where's all the chicken pics???:confused:

Nice vittles indeed swamprb!! Glad you're likin' that little guy!! Great tool for reverse-seared tri-tip,yes?

I gotta give you a call (katie kettle mod). Got some free time wednesday/Friday evenings.

Keep feeding the little monster!!

Was your only mod to the smokey joe the charcoal basket?

I did a vent handle mod, but this is a prototype Cajun Bandit specifically for the Weber Smoky Joe from C&C Grilling Co. Not on the market - Yet.

Weber makes a couple Smokey Joe 14" grills, the Silver-with the 4 hole vent on the bottom and the Tuck n' Carry with a locking lid bail and side vents above the charcoal grate. I'm going to try both and get a feel which one works best.
Here is a Smoker Joe link from the bullet site that is turning into a daylong stretch!
http://tvwbb.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1840039023/m/5870049575

Vent handle mod
IMG_2794.jpg

Mini Cajun Bandit
IMG_2786.jpg

Charcoal ring
I have a piece of steel perf over the vent. Not sure if I need it or not, but it works good for now.
IMG_2790.jpg

Stainless steel waterpan
IMG_2789.jpg

Tuck n' Carry with side vents
IMG_2806.jpg

From all the posts on the bullet site, there aren't that many cook pics or observations. Chris S (Family Man BBQ) has been using his at home and for comps and he has been very helpful, lucky for me he's just down the street!

I'd hit that! :becky: Where's all the chicken pics???:confused:

'nuther threads!

Great, great job!

I cannot even begin to express my desire to have one of those. I'm already planning the blog posts for when it's available. I'm so jealous...

All of a sudden I see the SJ's poppin up everywhere!
Nice looking cooking Swamp!

Wow only $7.99lb for a Wagyu Tri-tip! NICE!! Are you buying the Wagyu beef locally??

More on this Waygu tri-tip Brian... worth the additional cost? I haven't found a regular old TT yet that I haven't liked and hasn't liked me...

What did you think of the charcoal? Everytime I'm near Hamilton I try to get some from Randy but he's is sold out... :sad:

Brian, I know you thought I missed this, but I didn't.

Now I'm catching up and awarding ALF's for people who missed out earlier...

That's a really nice presentation of the lamb chops.... and the tri tip wasn't bad either!

ALFTickofApproval.gif

Cheers!

Bill

Back