Whole Foods/ Smoke n Fire

elvis67

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Went to Kansas city Fri. Always wanted to go to the Smoke N Fire store on 151st St. Had a real good time looked at alot of cool stuff. Picked up couple of books, Paul Kirks Championship BBQ and Peace Love and BBQ. The books are great, I haven't hardly put Paul Kirks down. I also got a 20# bag of lump. Also went down to 91st St. to the Whole Foods Market. I thought the market was awsome, it was alot different than going to a ordinary grocery. Of coarse stuff was priceier but I thought the quality of the products was excellant. I went to the meat counter and talked to the girl working and I told her this was my first time in the store. She told me about their sausage making and gave me two sausages to take home for a sample. I don't know if all the Whole Food markets have staff like the people I encountered but I would encourage anyone to go at least once. It maybe not everyone's cup of tea but I thought it was pretty neat

I've had good experiences there as well.... another place to check out if you liked the Whole Foods @ 91st, is the Wild Oats Market @ 119th & Glenwood (basically Metcalf). Get a bag of the Wasabi Peas... they rock!!!

Also... if you liked Smoke n Fire --- Backyard Bash in Parkville is similar, but less expensive, and nicer folks (IMHO).

I haven't been in Whole Foods for quite awhile. i need a return trip since I'm on my healthy eating habit again! I usually go to Wild Oats down on 119th Street. There's also a Nature's Pantry off 291 and 40 Hwy. between Independence and Lee's Summit if you're into those places.

My wife is a huge fan of Whole Foods. we live in Lee's summit and she'll drive to Whole foods for certain items. i live in one of those, no additives all natural homes.

That new smoke n fire is nice, a bit pricey as always, but nice. Did you see Jack Gibbs there? He is working there and campaining for votes.

My experience with Whole Foods has always been great. If they make a mistake, they bend over backwards to take care of it. You pay for the level of service you receive, but sometimes it's worth it.

Stopped in to Smoke-N-Fire to see the new store. Once they get all set-up and ready to go, it's going to be a great place. I guess his prices are the way they are to support all of his overhead. Kind of like the plumber that carries everything on his truck rather than having to go to the supply house every time he needs something . . . .

Rod

you mean "whole paycheck"? :) They do have some great stuff..but...whoo..pricey chit!

Kung Fu BBQ said:
My wife is a huge fan of Whole Foods. we live in Lee's summit and she'll drive to Whole foods for certain items. i live in one of those, no additives all natural homes.

You should check out Nature's Pantry then. Might be closer for you. Then again, you might already know about it.

Todd is right... if you live in Lee's Summit, Nature's Pantry is a LOT closer. Of course it's out of the way for me and I work in OP so Whole Foods and Wld Oats works for me.

Thanks for the extra input guys. I live out in the sticks down by Burlington Ks. close to the nuke plant . Dont get to a large town very much, so it was kind of treat to get out. Had just got done working 6 twelves for our refueling outage at the plant so it was nice to get out and have a little fun.

elvis67 said:
Thanks for the extra input guys. I live out in the sticks down by Burlington Ks. close to the nuke plant . Dont get to a large town very much, so it was kind of treat to get out. Had just got done working 6 twelves for our refueling outage at the plant so it was nice to get out and have a little fun.

If you ever need anything from any of the places you visited, I would be happy to get pick them up and ship them to you. Andy and I live in KCK, but are around town quite a bit.

Back