Plano BBQ Restaurant Review

J

JudgeTex

Not sure if this is the right forum, or if y'all even care, but I have eaten at Shady Oak BBQ up in Plano (Parker and 75) twice now, and having given it two tries, I can now say without a doubt that it truly sucks.

First time I got the two meat platter w/ brisket & sausage. Sausage was all fat and cereal, no firmness at all. Had the same consistency as a boiled hot-dog. The brisket wasn't disgusting, but was nothing to write home about.

Went back and got the pork ribs (their "specialty"). The ribs were caked with this gummy red "sauce" that tasted like it belonged on spaghetti. They were fall-off-the-bone tender and good, meaty ribs, but that sauce made them taste like they should have been served at Maggianos.

Cole slaw was good. Bread was great. But I have to pass by a Sonny Brian's to get to Shady Oak, so I will not go back.

Hope this saves y'all some money. :?

Remind you of Spring Creek? Same company, just table service.

Have to Agree Judge, Sonny's not much better. Try Hutchin's in McKinney sometime on Tennessee I think

Have you ever been to the BBQ shack on County Club (fm1378) just south of where Parker Rd. dead ends? It is across the street from a new Sonic that was recently built. They have been there for a long time. I am not sure of the place's acutal name. Anyway, they have great BBQ. Their baked beans are really good too.

flavorsoffire said:
Have you ever been to the BBQ shack on County Club (fm1378) just south of where Parker Rd. dead ends? It is across the street from a new Sonic that was recently built. They have been there for a long time. I am not sure of the place's acutal name. Anyway, they have great BBQ. Their baked beans are really good too.

About 2 blocks from my house. Good Que!

Rowlett Garland Area ?

Thanks for the heads-up. They just opened a new one by the Ballpark in Arlington. I was tempted to give it a try, but I'll pass now.

brdbbq said:
Rowlett Garland Area ?

From 75, go East on Parker until it dead ends. Take a right, 1 block on left at flashing yellow light. About 10 miles east of Plano.

thillin said:
brdbbq said:
Rowlett Garland Area ?

From 75, go East on Parker until it dead ends. Take a right, 1 block on left at flashing yellow light. About 10 miles east of Plano.

Thanks I was thinking backasswards.

brdbbq said:
thillin said:
brdbbq said:
Rowlett Garland Area ?

Thanks I was thinking backasswards.
No prob! I just got back from there and wolfed down a chopped beef sami for an afternoon snack!

That place is great. Used to go there when I live in Parker. Bike runs and just driving along the country roads, great place to eat. And the owners wife is nice to look at in the summer!

Spring Creek BBQ for a bbq place is actually a pretty good bakery.

jgh1204 said:
Spring Creek BBQ for a bbq place is actually a pretty good bakery.

Now that's funny

Back