• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Offset handles help

thebbqkid

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
as some as you know I'm in the process of building a offset. here's the link to my build, http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152838
I'm getting really close now I just having a problem with the handles I'm trying to think of something unique and I can't think of it I thought of using deer antlers but but the ones I picked out are too big and I need to find another set if anyone else has a great idea for handles let me know, handles are one of the last things I have to do on the outside until I can start working on my racks inside. Please help my creativity lol is failing me right now
thanks
The Kid

here is a pic of my handles.. Simple.. Cut 1/4 inch metal and a rod..

Attachments

• Getting Painted.jpg
    Getting Painted.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 193
  • Front Pic Grill.jpg
    Front Pic Grill.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 194
They actually don't get to hot either.. always opened the door with just my hand..never a towel or glove..

That's a great idea. I really want to do my dear antler idea but if that doesn't work then I'll probably do what you did those handles look awesome

anyone else have any good ideas? I'm also trying to find a thread on here a guy I used a piece of rough cut lumber with the bark still on the edges for a table that's exactly what I want to do and I can't find the thread to show our local hardwood lumber guy what I need.

I seed one where they used a wood handled hatchet and welded the head to the door so it looked like the hatchet was stuck in the door of the smoker.

I have always thought that real big end wrenches were cool looking. Like over 1 inch. Horse shoes, piston connecting rods, chain. I took chain and draped it around a piece of pipe to give a curve and welded the links to make handles for a UDS.

Mine is aluminum pipe with holes drill in it to help keep it cool

68C7E30E-3ADD-4313-A280-125B22B448EC-2881-000003EF17749356_zpsa9d15390.jpg

Similar to Armadillo's, I drilled holes in 3/4" piping.
reflo10.jpg

Endless possibilities here.. Wood... All kinds of metals... Pics of finished product would be greatly appreciated though!!

If you really like the idea of using deer antlers, you could cut the antlers and drill the centers out and mount them on threaded rod. It would be sort of like a stag handle on a hunting knife.

Back