Scotch Eggs (Pron)

Sweet Breathe BBQ

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Wanted to make something unique for a party this weekend, so I decided to do scotch eggs served with a stout mustard. The process was pretty simple but utilized various techniques which gave it amazing textural contrasts.

There are 4 pictures, the eggs wrapped in sausage and seasoned before going on the smoker, the eggs just off the smoker before being breaded, the eggs after breading in panko and fried, eggs quartered and ready to eat. I was pleased with how they came out, and they seemed to be a hit at the party, including a gentleman from England, who grew up eating them.

Attachments

• ScotchEggs1a.JPG
    ScotchEggs1a.JPG
    260.8 KB · Views: 286
  • ScotchEggs2a.JPG
    ScotchEggs2a.JPG
    246.4 KB · Views: 286
  • ScotchEggs3a.JPG
    ScotchEggs3a.JPG
    292.2 KB · Views: 285
  • ScotchEggs4a.JPG
    ScotchEggs4a.JPG
    295.5 KB · Views: 288
I would very much like some of that, looks great!

Those look great. I wonder how good they would be if you took the yolk
from those and made a "Deviled Egg" mixture for them and have
"Deviled Scotch Eggs"?

Those look yummy. Nice looking colors, no wonder they were a hit.

Why didn't I think of that? :confused: Those look awesome! The only thing they are missing is bacon!

Those look great! I made my first ones a few months ago and most of the sausage shells split in the deep fryer. They tasted great but weren't "pretty". Do you have any advice for a better turnout next time at casa MacRae?

Arlin

Those look great! I guess a pork beef blend sausage with mild flavour would be best?

Those look amazing! How long did you smoke them?

Those look great! I think I might give them a shot...I'm thinking pickled eggs in the middle might be fun...

Just make sure you get some protein:laugh:.

Back