• WHOLE Pork Loin (Day 4 smokefest) Pr0n0graphic

Phrasty

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
For our Christmas day lunch I got a lovely whole pork loin to smoke up. I think I'm gonna keep the typing on this one to a minimum...

This is how it went down!

Got the loin out and took out 1/2 the spine and shoulder blade so I could slice it up later and Tied it all up nice and neat:
30dec600.jpg

94a24f96.jpg

b40ce9e1.jpg

0ced5ce4.jpg

cbf3cc2e.jpg

Seasoned it with EVOO and my rub with some cider vinegar & salt of the skin side:
1b8090f3.jpg

cac41867.jpg

f5d7558a.jpg

I let it sit in the fridge overnight then took it out and smoked it Christmas morning bright and early! (I was dead to the world by then...) :twitch::twitch::heh: Was SOO tired! Anyways the strong trod on! :thumb:
1dae2f1b.jpg

53425d28.jpg

f38def86.jpg

Took it off with an IT of 150-155 then rested and sliced at the in-laws! Once again I got great reviews for this! It definitely was a good season!
d746a8e0.jpg

Well that's the last of the Christmas 2011 cooking! Thank God!!! Thanks for looking! I'm dead tired now! Good thing we have another 2 days off! I'm soooo gonna need them to rest up!

Cheers

Here are the other 3 threads for the rest of my 2011 Christmas Smokefest if you're interested! :Thumb:
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3

That whole loin with ribs looks outstading, I have t find one of those.
Freaking awsome.
I bet you go to sleep for a week.
Outstanding job Phratsy.

Big thanks everyone!

:twitch:
Your a sick,sick man!

Don't you know? It's US sick ones that have the fun! MWAHAHahaha :twisted:

That whole loin with ribs looks outstading, I have t find one of those.
Freaking awsome.
I bet you go to sleep for a week.
Outstanding job Phratsy.

I WISH I could sleep for a week! :heh: The 6 month old judt won't allow it though! :doh: You kinda get used to the sleep deprivation after the 5th day though... :tsk:

That is beautiful and a great anatomy lesson. We rarely see the whole side like that. Love the way you removed the spine.

Thanks Gore! a great way to do a pork roast! it's a good way to feed a big group. The group I was feeding wasn't that big but it barely made it! If it were a bigger group I would have taken the ribs off and cut them up then sliced up the loin thinner instead of cutting tomahawk chops out of them. :thumb: Did up a nice pork gravy and a bbq sauce to go with it! Good stuff!

Cheers

Absolutely fantastic! One day I will try and come close to making one of these.

AWESOME!!!!! Just AWESOME. Makes my little 4 pound loin look like chit. Did I say it looks AWESOME?

:shocked: :hungry: :clap2:

That looks simply amazing! What came of the skin?

Back