UDS 15lb overnight Brisket Smoke ?

Toploader

Knows what a fatty is.
Good mornig bbq bro's! Picket up a 15 lb brisket last night and prepped it and thew it on at 11pm. Using a basic rub with kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika, cumin, cayanne, basil. My temps dipped down to 150 after I shut the intakes to my usual method, so I opened up a intake and woke up to this.

It looks moist and I installed the probe to see where she sat. I did a couple spots and this last one was a bit tougher to stick the probe in, so I left it there.

The prep.

OK so I forgot to get a pick of it rubbed..fark...
He she is this am...

Well here's the question...should I let er rip..or flip or wrap? Im leaning towards a wrap with a bit of mop sauce to keep the moisture. Move it to the upper rack to drop the temps by about 30 degrees so I got room for spare's on the lower rack. And keep it on for a few more hours. But just wanted to hear from some pro's. I have read about faster cooks with good results so im just wondering?:confused: Thanks for any and all replies guys, and I'll post pics of the rest of the turnout. Happy Halloween! And Smoke on!

I'm not a pro. But I would let it lay where it is until you can stick it and it goes through like butter. Then pull, rest, eat. Or if not eating early, wrap and put in cooler for couple hours.

If you keep the fat cap down, you will have no need for mopping or foil. Let it rip. Rest it for an hour before slicing...

I'm not a pro. But I would let it lay where it is until you can stick it and it goes through like butter. Then pull, rest, eat. Or if not eating early, wrap and put in cooler for couple hours.

This is what i would do. Don't go by the temp on the probe, go by feel, and once it hits that "warm butter state" take it out of the UDS, let it sit for a few minutes to stop the cooking, double foil it and put it into a dry cooler with layers of towels or newspaper to hod in the heat. it will stay hot for hours.

Thanks guys, I did just that. The probe does go in like butter in a couple of spots but is a little tougher in others? Just dont want to under cook this baby. on hr 14 and its still looking good. All I added were a couple chunks of apple wood.
Thanks for all the help.

I got it wrapped up and its taking a nap. I pulled it off as my bbq fork sank into it all the way:shock: I will post pron regardless if its good or bad. At least the wife is making her famous spanish fried rice with chorizo and she never does wrong on that.:biggrin:
Good thing I stocked up on copenhagen...I feel and "after dinner dip" is in the works.

Thanks again for the help guys. This beers for you.(we need a beer smiley)

Cheers!
cheers.gif

Back at yah Ron! Btw just sent in my 25 bucks to support this great place. Well worth it!:biggrin:

Ok guys here it is...just cut it up. Wow I definitly got lucky on this one...its delicious! Thanks for all your help.

haloweenbrisket1.jpg

Lucky? I just looked in here and it looks like you did everything right to me. Good cooking.

Thanks guys, yes everyone said it was incredible. I couldnt even really cut the point it was more of a pull.
Is it normal for the flat and point to come apart? As I lifted it out of the pan the two just slid apart.:?:
My wife is not a big red meat eater, but after she tried it, she said it was "the best".:-D
I have to get some rolls and slaw today for a fat brisket sammich for lunch and post more pron.
Really appreciate all the help bro's.

Back