• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Start of today's pRon...

Budman1

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
We finally caught a break from mother nature and had a nice day. By nice I mean sunny and 50*. Yesterday I shoveled snow off the deck so I could fire up the UDS today and have a dry place to work. And what a day it is! I just got finished with the best ribs I ever made, using the 3-2-1 (.5) method. Coated the ribs with dijon mustard, rubbed with a homemade version of Emril's Bayou Blast, foiled with a brush-on mixture of warm water and agave nectar, and finished them with Cajohns applewood spiced rum q-sauce. I also did up some shrimp brushed with evoo and sprinkled with some GrillMates brown sugar bourbon rub I picked up at Sam's Club last week. Washed it all down with some cheap cold beer, and I am in heaven.(or as close as I'll ever be). I still have an Italian sausage fatty and a big chuckie on the smoker for later. Fatty will be used for goulash, and the chuckie for sammies tomorrow. Thanks to everybody for sharing your secrets and letting us noobs have some fun.:biggrin1:

100_4321.jpg

100_4323.jpg

100_4327.jpg

100_4329.jpg

Cold beer is good beer:biggrin1: I'll have some of the shrimp and ribs please:clap:

The finish...

The finish of a beautiful day of smoking...an italian sausage fatty for tomorrow's goulash and the monster chuckie for tomorrow's sammies. This farkin' site is great.:clap:

100_4337.jpg

100_4330.jpg

100_4333.jpg

Having never done Shrimp on the smoker - how long and at what temp do you cook them?

Your shrimp pick has me hungry!

Having never done Shrimp on the smoker - how long and at what temp do you cook them?

I've done them low 'n slow and on a hot grate. They're done when they turn pink. They don't take long unless they're the really big ones (like the 6 count.)

I cranked up the temp to about 325 and put the shrimp on for about 8-10 minutes maybe. Like HankB says-when they turn pink. Gives them a nice flavor.

Back