Smoked Turkey Legs

hav

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Well, you see, I went to Disney recently and kept eyeballin' those Turkey Drumsticks, but because of the wife, the kid, the heat, whatever...I never got a chance to eat one.

Then I thought, oh wait, I can smoke this myself, duh...

Here is the Pecan Rubbed Raw Pron

DSC03916_Lo_Lo_Res.jpg

Almost 8 hours later, internal temp 170°

DSC03925_Lo_Lo_Res.jpg

Look at all that BARK!

DSC03929_Lo_Lo_Res.jpg

that should make you feel like a king!

hold that bone up high and bang on the table... more ale for the king!

Nice looking legs! Those look great. I need to make some of that.:-D

those are great lookin. if they taste half as good as they look, ya got a winner. i go to renaissance fairs for the turkey legs and the wenches. just love them legs. any other info on how to do them?

We vended 150 pounds of turkey legs yesterday

Last edited:
mmmm turkey legs. They were the first thing I tried to smoke. It was with them, that the addiction started.................

We vended 150 pounds of turkey legs yesterday

Those look great! Is there a trick to keeping the skin from shrinking up the leg? I have only done them twice, and both times the skin shrunk up, leaving some bone showing on the end. They were really good, but I really like the looks of those! Do you brine yours?

Turkey legs are great. They work great at family get togethers with kids. I can never pass them up when I see them. They are also great left over straight out of the frige.

Those look great! Is there a trick to keeping the skin from shrinking up the leg? I have only done them twice, and both times the skin shrunk up, leaving some bone showing on the end. They were really good, but I really like the looks of those! Do you brine yours?
You have to brine them

Always gotta brine them...

brine I use is half cup Kosher salt, 1-1/2 cups brown sugar, tablespoon garlic (grainular), and 2 cups of BBQ sauce to every gallon of apple juice. Dissolve the stuff first in warm water, then add it to cold AJ. Brine 12-24 hours.

most use some kind of rub, but i just season with garlic granules and some cayenne.... then I cookem at 275 for about 3 hours, remove at 175, foil them and rest for about 30 minutes(temps climb).. They fall off the bone.

Back