MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-13-2013, 10:24 PM   #1
R2Egg2Q
is Blowin Smoke!

Default One Pan Roast Chicken & Vegetables w/pr0n

My wife was watching Cook's Country and saw an episode with a quick chicken and vegetables recipe (video from that episode is here).

She wanted to cook it and of course I said let's try it on the Egg!

I cut up the chicken while she prepped the veggies. While I got the Large Egg lit and up to temp with a couple of chunks of peach wood, she brushed the chicken with the butter & herbs. Onto the Egg went the veggies in a drip pan on top of the ceramic feet & platesetter:

Above the veggies went the chicken:

They cruised along at 475-480:

34 minutes later I checked the chicken IT and they were done:

The veggies looked good:

Here's my plate:

The veggies were tasty but we should have done a better job organizing them with the larger potatoes and carrots on the outer perimeter for more heat (or cut them a little smaller). We both felt the chicken could use a little more seasoning or some rub. Overall it was a good quick cook and we will definitely be doing this again.

Thanks for looking!

BGEs: XL, Large, Small, Mini, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, MAK 1-Star General, Karubecue C-60, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA, Summit S-620 NG; custom BGE & Weber handles by brethren martyleach

[U][URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"]CLICK HERE to join us in a BBQ Brethren Throwdown![/URL][/U]
R2Egg2Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 01-13-2013, 10:27 PM   #2
hav
is one Smokin' Farker

Nice, gave me an idea...
14" Table Top Kettle Grill; Turkey Fryer; [B][I][COLOR=red]Rapid-Fire-Red[/COLOR][/I][/B] Thermapen!; [COLOR="SeaGreen"][B][I]Mini, Small, Medium & Large BGE![/I][/B][/COLOR]
hav is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-13-2013, 10:28 PM   #3
Smoothsmoke
Babbling Farker

Looks awesome! Is that a woo?
A bunch of Webers
Smoothsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2013, 10:29 PM   #4
martyleach
Quintessential Chatty Farker

That looks great and I love the color of the chicken. Dang, can't believe you got that done so fast. What a great quick meal!

Custom wooden handles for BBQ's made by Marty Leach (oh, that's me)
[url]http://www.amlwoodart.com[/url]
martyleach is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2013, 10:32 PM   #5
martyleach

So, where are you getting your fresh brussel sprouts? I really want to try them but my wife has such bad memories of them that they better be pretty darned good or it is over....

Old 01-13-2013, 10:35 PM   #6
R2Egg2Q
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothsmoke View Post
Looks awesome! Is that a woo?
Yes, a PS Woo 2 specifically.

BGEs: XL, Large, Small, Mini, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, MAK 1-Star General, Karubecue C-60, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA, Summit S-620 NG; custom BGE & Weber handles by brethren martyleach

[U][URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"]CLICK HERE to join us in a BBQ Brethren Throwdown![/URL][/U]

Old 01-13-2013, 10:38 PM   #7
R2Egg2Q
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyleach View Post
So, where are you getting your fresh brussel sprouts? I really want to try them but my wife has such bad memories of them that they better be pretty darned good or it is over....
All the veggies were picked up at Safeway this afternoon. I'm not one to ask if they were good as I don't really care for them! They were my least favorite of the veggies but I did eat them.

Old 01-13-2013, 10:41 PM   #8
martyleach

Buddy you are not the wealth of help I was hoping for here!! I have heard about how Brussel Sprouts have really improved , blah, blah ,blah. I just want to find them.......
Thanks anyhow. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2Egg2Q View Post
All the veggies were picked up at Safeway this afternoon. I'm not one to ask if they were good as I don't really care for them! They were my least favorite of the veggies but I did eat them.

Old 01-13-2013, 10:44 PM   #9
Midnight Smoke
somebody shut me the fark up.

Everything looks really good but Chicken over anything takes me back a bit...

*** Terry ~ aka Pork Smoker ***

** XL-BGE Hatched 06/20/2008 09:42 pm **
* Couple Weber Kettles, CharGriller, UDS *
* Ultra Fast Red Thermapen *
Projects
Kamado Restoration
Bandera Restoration

Midnight Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2013, 10:53 PM   #10
Tootin on Q
Got Wood.

Hey Marty, the last few times I have been in Trader Joe's they have had sprouts still on the stalk. We had some at Christmas that were great except for the wife trying to remove a finger taking them off the stalk. I am not a lover of them or any form of cooked cabbage, but I ate these after she roasted them and they weren't bad. Might have to try this dish though, might make me like them even more.
Tootin on Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2013, 11:57 PM   #11
cowgirl

Name/Nickname : jeanie

Looks delicious John!!

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-14-2013, 02:17 AM   #12
Phubar

Nice colours R2!

All fueled by [COLOR=lime]Ecobrasa[/COLOR] Coco Briquettes

*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2011 - 2012*
*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2013 Low 'n Slow
*WGA Ambassador
Phubar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-14-2013, 03:34 AM   #13
Titch

Name/Nickname : Titch :-)

I like that.
( hint ) Rub the Sprouts in butter before roasting,makes them delish.
cheers.
Titch
Titch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bge, chicken, quick, vegetables