MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Bashes

Notices

Brethren Bashes Bash Notes, Information on up and coming, Bash Bites.. etc..

Old 07-19-2006, 09:29 PM   #1
Bill-Chicago
somebody shut me the fark up.

Location: Chicago Southwestern Burbs, but always south of Madison Ave.
Name/Nickname : Professor Dickweed
Default Ultra Mini Bar Bash Chi-Town Area

One week ago, I had one of the most enjoyable evenings I had in a while.

Greg had In-Laws in town last week, RonL was on vacation, and BillM (ChiTown Smokers) had another commitment.

Jorge helped facilitate none other that Trout_Man to hook up with me last Wednesday night in Rosemont IL, about an hour from me.

Trout (Jim), is one hell of a stand up guy. It was the best evening I had in a while, and my wife was surprised I am talking about it a week later. I have a new found respect for Jim, after hearing what he is going through, that makes me proud to call him a friend.

Some of the drawbacks of the evening, ended up on the positive side. At lunchtime, there was an accident in front of Trouts hotel where 2 people died. Not a good thing, but traffic was diverted from 1pm till 8pm.

I showed up at 6:30pm. Saw the diversion, and said shoot, there must be a concert (Rosemont IL is convention, concert, theatre area of Chicago).

In my normal Chicago way, I found some access roads (alleys and loading dock lots) that I could creep up behind Trouts hotel (ie. right next to the farking Rosemont Police Department)

So he's standing in the hotel driveway on his business phone, and I pull up behind a row of evergreens. Place a call. I watch as he switches from business phone to personal. "Hello?"

"I see you Trout!!"

"Where the fark are you"

LOL "See the evergreens?"

We both see each other and wave.

Then the worst part, which ended up being the best part.

Jim gets in and we are now blocked off by the crime scene investigation. That means we have to go the back way to where we are going. Problem is, we didnt know where we were going to begin with. Main drag was closed by police. So we drove around for 45 minutes in Chicagoland gridlock traffic.

But the whole time, in theory, I knew where we were at (mental compass, assited by car compass) but I hate the north side.

Then, all of a sudden, Hey, there's a Lonestar, whoops, past it. Hey! a Hooters! nabbed it

Other than the pregnant Hooter chick, the girls where hot. Farking Asian Hottie Mod on Wednesday night.

Trout nearly brought the house down as we laughed about the Greg thread on skunking the dogs. We nearly cried. Called Greg and added to the laugh.

Total time together, nearly three hours.

Impact on me, priceless. (same to him, from a follow up email)

Got to give him a extra Brethren TShirt I had from the last bash I attended.

Follow up emails: I went to work, and he boarded the plane, with smiles on our faces, reflecting the good time we had.

Thanks Trout, you are truly a brother to me.

The death of "willkat98"

Me: If you aren't woke, that means you're still sleeping, right?
Kid today: That's racist!

Bandera, M-BGE, WSM, Gold Kettle, Kenmore Gasser, 36Qt Turkey Fryer, ECB, Dutch Oven, Black Iron BBQ Viper-M, Blackstone 36" Griddle

Last edited by Bill-Chicago; 07-19-2006 at 09:52 PM..
Bill-Chicago is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-20-2006, 08:15 AM   #2
parrothead
somebody shut me the fark up.

Wish I had been able to make it. Would have been a good time.

American Picker Blog
parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 09:53 AM   #3
jt
Babbling Farker

Trout is a good guy. Glad you had a great time!

Spicewine, 2 Dutch Ovens, Weber OTP, 18 " Weber Kettle, White Mountain Ice Cream Freezer, Whirly Pop, Cast Iron Hot Dog cooker, and a 15 year old. Moink.

RIP - my NB Bandera

"Sweet Blue to all" - E

jt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 11:37 AM   #4
Trout_man22
is One Chatty Farker

Just back in town again, Bill same to you. I miss this fun. When we were talking about the old time and the "fun" times here I about pissed myself. Greg-you dogs were the high point of the night. But I need to re-read the peanut thread, Bill's craper caper and a few other that I just don't want to name right now becaue I am about to go into another meeting and don't need to think about it in the middle.

Bill we must do it again, Greg next bash if work allows I will be there. All I miss being here, I miss knowing what is going on in your lives. Please forgive me for being gone.

Trout (Jim)

"
God either exists or He doesn't.... I believe in God." Blaise Pascal
I'm a sinner, I regret my sin and will try to never do it again.
Trout_man22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 02:36 PM   #5
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

I'm sorry I missed you, Trout. Hopefully we'll get to meat (sic) sometime.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote