Potato Salad Recommendation?

Bourbon Barrel BBQ

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Does anybody have a recommendation for a bulk salad from Sams, RD, etc? One that's decent already or requires just a bit of doctoring is preferred.

Oh. Frankly, I've never gotten anything worthwhile from the store. No matter where or what, it always was nasty. And I keep trying to cheat and bring it home.

Sorry for a no help post.

Oh. Frankly, I've never gotten anything worthwhile from the store. No matter where or what, it always was nasty. And I keep trying to cheat and bring it home.

Sorry for a no help post.

I figured that's the answer I'd get. I was just hoping there was a decent brand out there to save some time.

If your gonna cheat, this brand is pretty good right out of the package. I doctor it up a bit and have gotten rave reviews.

http://reviews.samsclub.com/1337/132165/reviews.htm

Although fresh is obviously best, theres some situations where buying it already done will make your life a lil easier. Making it fresh requires proper handling and refrigeration that sometimes isint available.

If your gonna cheat, this brand is pretty good right out of the package. I doctor it up a bit and have gotten rave reviews.

Although fresh is obviously best, theres some situations where buying it already done will make your life a lil easier. Making it fresh requires proper handling and refrigeration that sometimes isint available.

We use this and add bacon and hidden valley ranch powder havent got any complaints yet...

BBq Bubba is right on we use this add some fresh dill some prepared horseraddish real red potatos sliced eggs and you are ready to go good luck

I have tried all the products that the warehouse stores carry as well as RD. I finally went to a food expo put on by a large food distribution house where I was able to sample 10-15 different potato salads. The one that was best in my opinion was Will's Red Bliss potato salad. I add celery, green onions and top with olives to make it 'mine'. Their red bliss is so much better than the rest. I think it must be the mayo they use as that is a huge ingredient flavor wise in potato salad.

I use the Stonemill brand from Sams Club. We add bacon, and green onions then very lightly sprinkle the top with butt rub when we serve it. Our customers seem to like it ALOT!

Gordon Food Service has one that has no relish and its good. I make my own, a pain but smoked potato salad is great.

I have had the Stone Mill from Sams as well and it is good. Now if you want the best see if you can get your hands on St. Clair Baked Potato Salad it is the best you will ever eat bar none.

I use a brand called Spoon River that I get at County Market here in Springfield and I have found it to be well liked with my customers.

Costco carries Wills in my area, it is so much better than Reser's.

Most of the potato salads from the stores taste good, but they have wayyy too much mayo IMHO. We add 10 pounds of boiled and cubed potato's to each half gallon container of store bought potato salad.

Always finished quickly.....people love it.

Easy peasy.

Back