Double Hot Italian Burger w/ Provolone & Parmesan (pRoN HeAvY)

bbqgeekess

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Can an Italian Meatball Sandwich be made into a double cheeseburger?

Why not!?

It of course starts with a marinara sauce:

rlapp1.jpg

(From left to right: salt, pepper, cayenne, basil, parsley, oregeno, garlic powder, onion flakes. Front: can of dice tomatoes. Back: olive oil.)

Finished marinara:

10satys.jpg

Then we'll be needing some Italian sausage. I chose my homemade Hot Italian Sausage which was made from freshly and coarsely ground pork butt. (Recipe: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=182113)

Form the Hot Italian Sausage into patties--think outside the sphere :smile: :

14ax6kh.jpg

Gotta have some bread and cheese! (Hamburger bun would be a more popular choice but I wanted Italian bread this time.)

2rh7iva.jpg

(Back: loaf of Italian bread partially sliced. Front from left to right: Provolone & Parmesan.)

Spread garlic butter on the bread, on one side:

2rz2bh5.jpg

Determination is needed in order to finish this burger! We must be able to disregard the weather:

auijaf.jpg

Slap them lil' patties on the grill! (sizzle!) :

2mpgy01.jpg

We both know the drill..

Flip:

mwqqtl.jpg

and cheese...

rw8nyg.jpg

and bread..

wtgkmu.jpg

(Garlic butter side of bread was finished off in the broiler for obvious reasons.)

[Don't stand in the snow too long in front of the grill. Before you know your feet are numb and realize you are on the verge of getting frostbitten. So you rush into the house, sit in front of a 110 AC outlet and yell at your significant other to bring the heat gun. You get that taken care of, then look around for your Nikon D200 camera and it's no place to be found. Then you go outside and are SHOCKED to find it sitting on top of a roaring hot Hasty-Bake hood! I grabbed it off the hood fast and sat it in the snow (it's weather resistant). It got soooo fricking HOT omg. I touched the top off the hood and it felt like 350F. To my amazement the D200 functioned flawlessly after that. This alloy metal body camera is a friggin' tank! No wonder it cost $1600 in 2005 (got it for $150 used on eBay and highly recommend it as an affordable camera body for professional quality food photography--not the greatest for low light & sports though--, along with a brand new $200 AF-S 35mm f/1.8 DX Nikkor camera lens).]

Mmmm... melted bubbling provolone:

x4f71j.jpg

Assembly from bottom to top: bottom slice of bread, marinara, grated parmesan, burger, provolone, marinara, grated parmesan, burger, provolone, marinara, grated parmesan, top slice of bread.

2rpxjm1.jpg

And voila!

332rup3.jpg

The Double Hot Italian Burger w/ Provolone & Parmesan!

Oh my, did it taste good. Tasted like an Italian Meatball Sandwich but had the high performance handling of a burger!

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
OMGosh..........That looks awesome. Thanks for the great idea.

Another winner looking plate there dear... Let me guess, you made the bread too? ;)

Dang fine lookin burger there!

That's really thinkin outside the box and making me real hungry :heh:

Looks real good! And what dedication, taking your flash out to the grill :thumb:

And that Hasty Bake is sweet! I really hope you don't go through with chopping a hole in her.

That looks amazing! :thumb: Funny thing is, I picked up all the things I needed for my double pizza burger po' boys last night and it would look too close to yours, so I'm gonna change directions now. I can't look like a copycat on my first throw down. :doh:

Would it be considered wrong to have an overwhelming desire to stuff two of those into your Pie Hole at once:redface:

Back